Central Scotland Dealer

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Hi,

Just in the early stages of looking for an E MTB.

A lot of advice on here suggests going to the local dealers to try or just to ask questions.

My two nearest E Bike Shops are

Edinburgh Cycle Company Granton Road Edinburgh or Electric Bikes Scotland Tannadice Street Dundee.

Has anyone on here used either of these outlets at all, and what kind of service did they give, either is a fair drive away, but if needs must I am prepared to make the effort.

OR

Has anyone bought their bike online, is it an option or is there a problem returning it for repairs etc.

Thanks

Andrew K

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2014
Edinburgh
I bought 2 e-bikes from Edinburgh Cycle Company (KTM macina and motus) around 2 years ago.
I've been very happy with the purchase and after sales service for both. Neill, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. The website is not particularly good but the shop itself has a wide selection of bikes to look at and try out.
In my opinion it is definitely worth a visit. (Neill is also a keen mountainbiker if that helps.)

In Edinburgh, Evans and Edinburgh bike coop are also selling e-bikes now but I don't know what their after sales service for these is like. I've previously bought non e-bikes from edinburgh bike coop and used them for servicing and had no complaints.

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi,

A lot of advice on here suggests going to the local dealers to try or just to ask questions.

Edinburgh Cycle Company Granton Road Edinburgh or Electric Bikes Scotland Tannadice Street Dundee.

Has anyone on here used either of these outlets at all, and what kind of service did they give, either is a fair drive away, but if needs must I am prepared to make the effort.

OR

Has anyone bought their bike online, is it an option or is there a problem returning it for repairs etc.

Thanks
Both E-bikesdirect and Woosh have a returns service. you keep the box that the bike arrives in, and if anything goes wrong with the bike, you put the bike back in the box, which they collect from you and return when the bike's fixed.

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
Edinburgh cycle company had spare lighting mount in stock...because they are always breaking...after buying online I think I'd use a local dealer like them.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Hi,

OR

Thanks

There's an eBike shop in Linlithgow. http://www.easygoebikes.com/ He appears to have a try before you buy thing. He is in a good area for trying bikes with hills and flat roads and tracks all around his shop.

As to buying online: I've got 3 electric bikes all bought online. I've got 2 Kudos bikes and a Woosh bike. I've never had much problems with them. The twist grip gear changer on the Tourer broke and Kudos sent me a new one the following day. I got it fitted in a local bike shop for a few quid.

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
There's a bike shop in aberfoyle that has electric bikes,it's got plenty of trails for you to try out the bikes,can't remember the name of it though(pretty sure they also hire bikes out)

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
There's a bike shop in aberfoyle that has electric bikes,it's got plenty of trails for you to try out the bikes,can't remember the name of it though(pretty sure they also hire bikes out)
Are you thinking of Katrine wheelz? http://www.katrinewheelz.co.uk/ They hire bikes out on Loch Katrine. The trail there is good for testing them.

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Hi,

OR

Thanks
Edinburgh Cycle Company - I bought my first KTM there and was very pleased with the service. Unfortunately they were unable to supply the KTM's replacement which I bought over the phone from OnBike whom I can thoroughly recommend. I have had no trouble with the bike but am confident that if I did it would receive the best attention (box retained).

Electric Bikes Scotland - have used but would not recommend.

Hopes this helps.

Jim