Wisper Centre Stand Advice Please!

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Evening fellow E-Bikers. Just a quick question. I own a Wisper Works 705SE electric bike but the side stand on this tends to be somewhat flimsy so wanted to replace this with something more substantial. Ideally I would like to fit a twin leg centre stand, and although haven't actually fitted one yet, as the frame will need to be drilled to accept the securing bolt, the ones I've tried will certainly foul on the chain once installed. I just wondered if anyone else as done this with any success? Thanks

Last edited:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Fwiw i recently fitted a twin leg single side centre stand as an aid to loading up the shopping etc, No drilling required it simply fitted through the existing hole used by the side stand it replaced.
I opted for the sub £20 far east (via amazon) knock off rather than the £40 branded item, leg width is sufficient for stability loading up the rear panniers with multi-packs of tins, but its not something that feels any more substantial than the original side stand and in fact feels more 'flimsy' when mounting and dismounting the stand, but unlike the side stand option it is carrying the whole bike mass and luggage when engaging.

Lifting off the stand from the rear assures a foul free leg collapse to the side, simply rolling off the stand can result in the legs closing each side of the wheel in a foul that takes a couple of toe flicks to remedy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The plescher bi pod stand folds both legs to the lhs.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Fwiw i recently fitted a twin leg single side centre stand as an aid to loading up the shopping etc, No drilling required it simply fitted through the existing hole used by the side stand it replaced.
I opted for the sub £20 far east (via amazon) knock off rather than the £40 branded item, leg width is sufficient for stability loading up the rear panniers with multi-packs of tins, but its not something that feels any more substantial than the original side stand and in fact feels more 'flimsy' when mounting and dismounting the stand, but unlike the side stand option it is carrying the whole bike mass and luggage when engaging.

Lifting off the stand from the rear assures a foul free leg collapse to the side, simply rolling off the stand can result in the legs closing each side of the wheel in a foul that takes a couple of toe flicks to remedy
I cannot fit directly to the existing hole as that's where the wiring exits from the controller to all the ancillary items. I will have to mount and drill in a different place. I'll take a look. Thanks

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I cannot fit directly to the existing hole as that's where the wiring exits from the controller to all the ancillary items. I will have to mount and drill in a different place. I'll take a look. Thanks
Since Mr @Wisper Bikes has already popped into this thread to drop a like, I have to assume your on the right track?
you might find this post interesting as it includes some pointers to stand options.. https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/centre-stand-options.46839/post-706644

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Does your 705se not have the side stand fitted in front of the back wheel as some version do have it there ?

Best show a pic of the space behind seat post and back wheel Chris.

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Does your 705se not have the side stand fitted in front of the back wheel as some version do have it there ?

Best show a pic of the space behind seat post and back wheel Chris.

Hi. Yes indeed it did have. But it isn't very stable at all. Hence my question about a double-leg centre stand. I'll see if I can get my Son to take a picture and post

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The plescher centre stand dosen't need a hole to be fitted. The stand it self sits across the bottom of the two frame stays and has a top bracket that sits over the top of frame stays and then bolts down into the bottom stand .

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
The plescher centre stand dosen't need a hole to be fitted. The stand it self sits across the bottom of the two frame stays and has a top bracket that sits over the top of frame stays and then bolts down into the bottom stand .
I understand. Unfortunately, the controller box, with battery above, is in the way of doing that. I'm hoping my Son will be popping up in a bit so I'll get some pics?

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hi folks. Unable to get a photo to post. However, decided to try to get hold of a replacement stock side stand to suit bike. Would've referred a centre stand, but I simply don't think it will be possible to mount one without drilling and then it fouling the chain? I'll email Wisper to see if they can recommend something. Thanks everyone.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi folks. Unable to get a photo to post.

Haven't you been able to find the Konica in your wardrobe? You might not even need a card reader for your laptop, because the old Konica compacts would show up as just another storage drive after connecting using a USB cable.

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hi folks. Unable to get a photo to post. However, decided to try to get hold of a replacement stock side stand to suit bike. Would've referred a centre stand, but I simply don't think it will be possible to mount one without drilling and then it fouling the chain? I'll email Wisper to see if they can recommend something. Thanks everyone.

JUST AN UPDATE. UNABLE TO GET A SUITABLE, STRONG SIDE STAND SO HAVE MANUFACTURED ONE FROM AN OLD SIDE STAND THAT I HAD LYING AROUND FROM MY 20 INCH WHEEL ELECTRIC BIKE. JUST HAD TO EXTEND THE ARM TO SUIT. WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICS WHE I CAN AND POST. THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE AND HELP EVERTYONE!

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Haven't you been able to find the Konica in your wardrobe? You might not even need a card reader for your laptop, because the old Konica compacts would show up as just another storage drive after connecting using a USB cable.
Yes. I dug out the old Konica camera but it doesn't have a memory card installed and needs new rechargeable batteries. I didn't bother as I thought I wouldn't be needing it in the near future.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes. I dug out the old Konica camera but it doesn't have a memory card installed and needs new rechargeable batteries. I didn't bother as I thought I wouldn't be needing it in the near future.
Old cameras support compatible SD cards of 1GB or less, or CF, it's still possible to buy either on ebay - I bought two new unopened and unused old standard 1GB SD cards a few weeks ago for a BOSS studio audio recorder. Does your Konica use AA batteries? Poundland sells rechargeable AAs. To get the best from old CCD sensored cameras, you need bright light.

Last edited:

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Old cameras support compatible SD cards of 1GB or less, or CF, it's still possible to buy either on ebay - I bought two new unopened and unused old standard 1GB SD cards a few weeks ago for a BOSS studio audio recorder. Does your Konica use AA batteries? Poundland sells rechargeable AAs. To get the best from old CCD sensored cameras, you need bright light.

My Son has taken some pictures but they simply will not upload to site. Keep getting message to contact Administrator. Thanks

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My Son has taken some pictures but they simply will not upload to site. Keep getting message to contact Administrator. Thanks
That can happen if the photos are too large (you can shrink them), or upload too many for one post.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The easiest way to shrink photos is using the phone's "Screenshot" function: simply take a screenshot of the photo while viewing it. The screenshot is the phone screen's resolution, instead of massive from the camera.

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
The easiest way to shrink photos is using the phone's "Screenshot" function: simply take a screenshot of the photo while viewing it. The screenshot is the phone screen's resolution, instead of massive from the camera.

As I've mentioned many times I don't have a IPhone. Just tried to do it with Microsoft. This may work?

IMG_1660.JPG
IMG_1661.JPGIMG_1665.JPG