Chain off yet again

laralibay

Just Joined
Apr 13, 2021
I bought a Haibike from Partridge Cycles in Exeter. I have done just 277 miles on it despite owning it for almost 12 months. In this time the chain has come off the crank 5 times. Once so bacdly was the chain jammed between the crank and the motor/frame that I had to be rescued by a friend with a pickup.

The bike has been back to the shop 3 times, they replaced a link in the chain first time, replaced the chain second time and shortened the chain to make it tighter the final time. They wanted to replace the crank with one with deeper teeth but had used all their stock as they had many other Haibikes with the same problem.
On the latest Haibike the manufacturer have fitted a guide to the chain above the crank to prevent the chain coming off and going behind the crank, so obviously they know they have an issue.

Should I ask for my money back or does anyone know of a fix.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what haibike is it some pics would help.

you could try something like this if chain bounce is the problem.

a narrow wide front chain ring would be another option to try

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0110_02.JPG

you cant even pull it off it is locked on that tight.

Reactions: pentiumofborg

Gliggsy

Pedelecer
May 15, 2020
Hi, if you fix it then forget the warranty, but then why should you fix it if its a known problem and the manufacturer can't fix it, get your money back and buy something more reliable