Chain ring for Bafang hd

Hixyhicks

Pedelecer
May 14, 2020
My Lekkie Bling ring has broken 3 teeth, my question is i have seen that you can buy an adapter and fit different rings .Is that correct ? I cant complain the bike had done a few thousand miles .Is there a cheaper way of replacing the chainring as the lekkie is expsensive .

Happy Easter

Mick

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A BBS spider adapter is available for std rings and the narrow wide ali China ones, it will though push the chain line out a few more mm.

Hixyhicks

Pedelecer
May 14, 2020
Thank you both .Do you think using an adapter with a separate ring is a better option ,I do 30 mile a day and my bike goes through parts like nobodies business . Could you recommend a ring to go with the adapter please ?

D

Deleted member 33385

Are Bafang chainrings really that bad? Mine seems to work fine (but not enough teeth, could do with a 60T), and they're cheaper.

Found thess the other day, I have no idea if they're any good... but the 60T is tempting me:

(And I haven't measured yet, to see if they'd fit)

Last edited:

Hixyhicks

Pedelecer
May 14, 2020
I have put the bafang chain ring on but i need a new chain i believe as I've tested it .So i cant really judge the Bafang chain ring ,but it dont look great.I was looking as this as i have stripped my threads on the one crank arm would it be suitable .

I thinking about going this route because its cheaper to just replace the ring and not the whole chain ring .

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
You can't fit an ordinary crankset on your motor, the arm and chainwheel are seperate items. Problem is that prices have changed on parts in the last few months. The chainring adapter I bought last year for £12 is now around £35 and a cheap chainring which was £10 is now £25.

Hixyhicks

Pedelecer
May 14, 2020
I have bought the spyder and chain ring,my issue now is the chain line is way out .So when im in the lowest gear the chain comes of the chain ring.Are there chain rings that are set back the same as a bling ring ? If no can i set my rear cassette up so that instead of 8 gears i only use 3.I mean move the sprockets about so that the sprockets are 1-5-7 and i put the spare sprockets behind the last one and not in use.I would then set up the derailleur to stop at the last gear .

Cheers