Help! Chain Tension

WA. Rain Rider

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 20, 2022
Vancouver, WA.
Does the Bosch motor have a sensor that measures a lack of chain tension? I understand that a lack of chain tension could result in abnormal chain and chainring wear and I suppose injury could also play a factor, however more than likely skipping, chain jumping or derailer failure would probably result from a chain that hasn't got enough tension on it. The reason I ask is I had just put a new chain on my bike rode it around the block and parked it. The next day I went to ride and I got an E1 error and the pedal assist didn't work. I put a slightly longer chain on by two lengths to make up for the slightly larger chainring. I'm just trying a process of elimination to determine the main issue for the error code and want to check this issue off the possibilities. Also I want to know if I upgrade my display unit to one that allows a USB plug can a consumer reset his system and the error codes? I have a hard time believing that only a Bosch dealer can do that.Ill add a picture as well as soon as I go outside where the bike is. My next step is to disconnect the rear and front brake inhibitors from the motor to see if that enables the PAS. I know I'm asking alot but does anyone know if I find and fix the issue causing the error will the system quit throwing the error code. Or does it still need to be reset by the dealer. I'm totally beyond the warrantee period and just want to get it working as it's my main mode of transportation. I have rebuilt computers,laptops,phones,cb radios, etc. I'm not apposed to soldering and I have a bachelor's degree. This ebike thing is a totally different animal. Lol worse comes to worse a new used motor isn't out of the question. If I could get a link for a new computer controller board I might just try that route instead. However, it appears that Bosch has a lock on that door.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what bosch motor is it as a e1 error code is not even in gen 2 motors which would be a 503 error if it was a speed sensor error.

only a bosch dealer can give you a error report and the new controllers have can bus and still not been cracked.

also bosch sell no motor parts esp the controllers but you could use a vesc controller but you would have to dump the display ect but has been done.