Change bikes

Blox

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 4, 2021
Exhuming this thread.
Just attempting this atm on two Change Bike DF-812 folding hard tail mtbs.
Dillinger Off Road kit 500w Rear Hub with 9 speed freewheel, fitting two torque arms, drive side PAS, no throttle
The downtube battery cradle (without battery in it) stops the bike fully folding so going to have to use a rear rack mount. Everything else is fine, apart from the faff of fitting a RHS PAS sensor on the Hollowtech crank & BB.

Blox

Jun 4, 2021
How are you going to fit a rack? You can put thr PAS on the left side, which is dead easy.
PAS cant go on left, as the bike has Shimano Hollowtech cranks and BB, so magnet ring has to go on the small chainwheel.

Rack mounts to seat post (actually to the tube below the seat post and there are mounting holes for the stays. The rack mounting is shown in accessories on the Change Bike website.

Now thinking of modifying the battery cradle so it’s easily removed for folding but secured when in use. That will allow the preferred downtube mount position.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
PAS cant go on left, as the bike has Shimano Hollowtech cranks and BB, so magnet ring has to go on the small chainwheel.
I have hollowtech cranks on all my electric bikes. How come I have left hand PAS on all of them then. Am I suffering from some sort of delusions?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Depending on the gap the mag ring could be epoxied tot he crank on the LHS.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Enlighten me as to method?
Se my post #2:

Blox

Jun 4, 2021
Se my post #2:
Thanks. Involves the same process of removing the cranks and BB shell as needed for a RHS mag ring

Blox

Jun 4, 2021
So here it is the completed conversion using a Dillinger Off Road Kit. No throttle just PAS so that it can pass as road legal . The PAS is mounted on the RHS on small chain ring, magnets will hold it but there is a dab of epoxy to keep it in place. A bit of dremmel modification of the mag ring needed to endure no interference. Brake sensors are epoxied to existing levers.429294293042931429324293342934

Blox

Jun 4, 2021
The battery cradle is modified so it can be easily released from the bottle cage mounts to allow the bike to fold without fouling the integrated controller .