Charger for Carreras Vengeance. Work around!

Neil5403

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2017
Staffs, England ST15
A friend of mine has recently moved house and lost the charger for his 2 month old Carreras Vengeance bike.
Halfords want over £100 for a replacement and eBay is selling them for £96!
Pic below of charger.
As a temporary measure I have a 42v 2A charger for the mrs Carreras crossfire, but with a different connector.
As the Vengeance only has 3 pins on the charger is it feasible to connect direct to 2 of the pins to charge.
Just to get him charged until the lost charger turns up!

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The Vengeance charger is a dumb two wire one. The Crossfire one has comms of some sort, so they're not compatible.

You can charge the Vengeance with any cheap Chinese charger, but the Crossfire needs the special one. You're going to have to cough up or try and find a used one.

Neil5403

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2017
Staffs, England ST15
The Vengeance charger is a dumb two wire one. The Crossfire one has comms of some sort, so they're not compatible.

You can charge the Vengeance with any cheap Chinese charger, but the Crossfire needs the special one. You're going to have to cough up or try and find a used one.
Thanks for that, will not use the crossfire one then.
I may have a 42v charger in my box of ‘bits’. I will look tomorrow. Anyway of finding out which 2 of the 3 connectors to connect to? Is 1 unused?
Or is it better connecting to the larger connectors where the battery connects to the holder.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The Vengeance is easy to charge. You can use any 42v 2-wire charger 1.0 to 3.0 amps. You only have to make sure that you get the wires the right way round, so use a meter to find out which of the two holes is the positive and the negative. It's the two holes at the base of the triangle.

Reactions: Neil5403

Neil5403

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2017
Staffs, England ST15
The Vengeance is easy to charge. You can use any 42v 2-wire charger 1.0 to 3.0 amps. You only have to make sure that you get the wires the right way round, so use a meter to find out which of the two holes is the positive and the negative. It's the two holes at the base of the triangle.
Great info, thanks..