Charging my Battery in Holland/The Netherlands

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
Thanks - I assumed so but wanted to check the bigger batteries weren't different

(& I notice I missed off the word 'Adapter' in my original post - oops sorry)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
do you mean the charger? it's autosensing. It will adapt to 220V, 230V, 240V and 110V.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
If we went on a DIY biking holiday in the Netherlands - do I just use an ordinary
Luckily for us all, only an adapter is needed, as the mains in Europe is otherwise the same as ours.
Even for people going to the USA with their bikes (most unlikely!), most of the chargers accept 110-240 VAC at 50 and 60Hz.
You should examine the charger label to make certain.....but at least Europe will be covered!!!
There are plugs for Europe that will not all have the socket for the earth pin, that is in the wall socket. See the following video at between 0 and 8 seconds, its clearly shown, as that shining thing at the top of both wall sockets.
It appears to me that Holland uses the French plugs and sockets, which can be incompatible to other Euro Plugs.... See here:-
French schuko220px-CEE_7-7.jpgFrench-power-socket.jpg
Furthermore, not all 2 pin plugs are compatible UK to EU either....
If you need more info just ask, but a UK to multiadaptor is probably your best bet!!
regards
Andy

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing