Cheap Action Camera

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
I saw a kitvision one in Tesco half price at £25 from £50 a little while back but it was 720 resolution.
not received the 4k yet, but want the wifi option so hopefully I can activate the record option from phone app (ie camera on tripod near bird feeder) but this can take 64gig micro card not 32 as on my quomox or aldi nat geo.

you can also zoom with this camera unlike the aldi one.

must admit I did not notice frame rate for 4k but its only £30 ish

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Nooooo!
I had one and it was shhh#te, I had issues with not wanting to format and then bigger issues with it filming. In the end I binned it as it was a bad buy.
I'd be inclined to disagree with the quote above. :)

The TCL SVC 200 is the one that I've been using, as a handlebar cam, for over a year now. It does 1080p HD, 720p HD or plain old VGA, depending on what settings you choose in the menu. It can also take pics of varying definitions, either automatically or as required. Due to the large Nokia mobile phone type battery, it records for at least 3 hours. I've fitted a 32gb memory card (it can take up to 64gb) and continuously records in either one large file, or in 1 minute clips.

Here's a couple of random movies from my youtube account. Watch them in 1080p. In my opinion, it's a worthy, inexpensive camera. Bought for £80 back then, it's currently £25 on amazon. Recommended. :)

Here's how it looks when fitted.

handlebars.jpg

DSC00532.JPG

DSC00536.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: stumpy150

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all received 4k action cam yesterday,. have had a play today
tried 4k 30fps setting video of garden, then 60fps hd video of same.
linked camera to tv via hdmi for playback could not see any difference with 67 year old eyeballs and specs.

wi fi is a bit confusing you have to download xdv app and password seems to be 66666666 shown on camera lcd ,once you get it to connect.
you have (shoot button) pressing this the camera records video.
in my case it disconnected after about 30secs
it has slow motion not tried that.

the larger 2" screen is better to see vids /info etc

not tried 4k photo vs hd

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I can set my monitor to 4k resolutions and, even though it's a 30" screen, I'm definitely going to need new eyes before I need a new cam that does more than 1080p. :D