Cheap batteries.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
You`d be suprised at what bargains are out there and what Tony hasn`t told you is that it has to be delivered within 25 days and the payment method (not pay pal but similar) is only transferred to the sellers account when it`s delivered and you give them the heads up to pay.

So! whats to loose on a test? but of course if you want to go on paying through the nose then fine:D

I`ve made a number of posts with info on bargains and tricks as has Tony(onmebike) and a little bit of thank you wouldn`t go amiss.

Thanks Tony

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
You`d be suprised at what bargains are out there and what Tony hasn`t told you is that it has to be delivered within 25 days and the payment method (not pay pal but similar) is only transferred to the sellers account when it`s delivered and you give them the heads up to pay.

So! whats to loose on a test? but of course if you want to go on paying through the nose then fine:D

I`ve made a number of posts with info on bargains and tricks as has Tony(onmebike) and a little bit of thank you wouldn`t go amiss.

Thanks Tony
Oh, c'mon - never take ANYTHING seriously on here!

Great if it turns out to be a good deal. I do wonder at the high 'official' prices for lithium ion batteries. However, it's as well to bear in mind that there have been many well-documented scams regarding so-called 'escrow' services. I would at the very least be wary of this one, as the price is almost ridiculously low.

Would you trust a supposed escrow service you knew nothing about any more than a supplier in China with no track record? Alibaba.com is shown as being based in Hong Kong if you look around the site carefully.

The usual adage needs to be born in mind - if it looks too good to be true - it probably is.

Rog.

Last edited:

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Oh dear.......

Following my previous note, I've just looked up Alibaba.com and it's notorious for being infested with scams. The main site is apparently OK but very badly policed.

So.....

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Rog.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
You have to laugh don't you.....as Rog says anything with "escrow" attached to it fraught with danger and generally discredited, to anyone with half a brain that is....

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
You have to laugh don't you.....as Rog says anything with "escrow" attached to it fraught with danger and generally discredited, to anyone with half a brain that is....
The basic idea of an escrow service is a good one in that the funds are paid in to a trusted intermediary - the escrow service - and passed on to the supplier only when the deal has been concluded, so that the money is safe in both directions.

So - what's the problem? It's that you have to know and trust the escrow service! It could end up with no goods and no money either, as the seller and the escrow service might be one and the same, or maybe the seller acts in good faith but the escrow service absconds with the funds. There are so many ways it can go wrong.

I could open an escrow service myself in my living room and advertise it on-line. I bet I'd get a few takers before the police came banging on my door, but if I were based in some obscure Far Eastern or maybe East European country I'd probably stand a good chance of doing nicely out of it for quite a while. That's assuming I just absconded with any and all money I received.

Rog.

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex

Thanks Tony

Your most welcome Dave. Although you can never be 100% sure of quality when buying from China? I've made over 500 purchases from there in the past couple of years and only lost one package which paypal refunded.
As you know from your son's experience when buying from China, you can save a small fortune, with many items costing a tiny fraction of UK prices.
There are scams and sooner or later I may get stung, but I won't lose sleep over it, the deals that have paid off far outweigh the ones that haven't.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
How you two can be recommending something unknown, untried and untested on here is astonishing......and then have the audacity to expect to be congratulated for it:confused:

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex

I do have to laugh. As Rog say's? obviously no opinion of your own then. Fraught with danger? Best let your wife deal with it.
Apart from escrow you may of noticed that paypal, which carries its own protection was also an option. Not taking the chance is for half brains, don't you think? Any fool can pay through the nose and still come unstuck in my opinion.

Last edited:

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
How you two can be recommending something unknown, untried and untested on here is astonishing......and then have the audacity to expect to be congratulated for it:confused:
I've never asked for or expected any thanks or congratulation's. Neither was I recommending anything, merely bringing the forums attention to the item.
Had I been recommending this item or any other I would have clarified in capitals, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I assumed you were capable of making your own judgement, but then you didn't think SportHQ would last.
Its only unknown in your opinion, who knows how many worldwide have knowledge of these products.
Since when is tried and tested anything to go by? There's more problems on this forum with the tried and tested than the unknowns such as cyclamatic.

Last edited:

mrscott

Just Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Cheers for the info, but as the supplier hasn't received any feedback in the last 6 months im afraid i'm out. :(

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
.......... :D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I've never asked for or expected any thanks or congratulation's. Neither was I recommending anything, merely bringing the forums attention to the item.
Had I been recommending this item or any other I would have clarified in capitals, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I assumed you were capable of making your own judgement, but then you didn't think SportHQ would last.
Its only unknown in your opinion, who knows how many worldwide have knowledge of these products.
Since when is tried and tested anything to go by? There's more problems on this forum with the tried and tested than the unknowns such as cyclamatic.
Tony, you are banging your head against the wall with Eddie, he is always finding fault with anything that isn`t written in stone. (what a boring way to live your life)

Eddie, you must spend your time just looking for things to find fault with and worse than that no body other than us two and one or two other members ever retaliate and so you get away with it. Just for once try to see the better side of things, aye! you might even get to enjoy life again by living on the wild side:D

Now, Tony, keep us informed on the progress and outcome (either way).

I reckon you and I should take a leaf out of my sons book and plan a trip to China and bring back a few bargains? I`ve really got to see with my own eyes the top of the range items being made and packed alongside the pound shop gear the way he keeps going on about.

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Cheers for the info, but as the supplier hasn't received any feedback in the last 6 months im afraid i'm out. :(
Whats to fear? You don't pay until package is ready to ship and seller doesn't receive payment until you've confirmed receipt of it.
As for feedback which could easily be fraudulent and therefore unreliable, did you consider, none also means, No bad feedback?

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Tony, you are banging your head against the wall with Eddie, he is always finding fault with anything that isn`t written in stone. (what a boring way to live your life)

Eddie, you must spend your time just looking for things to find fault with and worse than that no body other than us two and one or two other members ever retaliate and so you get away with it. Just for once try to see the better side of things, aye! you might even get to enjoy life again by living on the wild side:D

Now, Tony, keep us informed on the progress and outcome (either way).

I reckon you and I should take a leaf out of my sons book and plan a trip to China and bring back a few bargains? I`ve really got to see with my own eyes the top of the range items being made and packed alongside the pound shop gear the way he keeps going on about.

I agree Dave, What a terrible way to live. Appears knowledgeable but has little opinion of his own, always quoting others. Maybe thats the problem too much reading and not enough practical experience. If we were all like that we'd still be living in caves. Takes all sorts, I suppose.
You only need say the word, I'm all for a trip too China.
Progress is, I cancelled order this morning and my paypal account was refunded within 30mins. I'm now going to replace the order but use the option to defer payment until package is ready to ship.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Funny guys......

Last edited: