Cheap Fatbike 250w 48v 17,5 ah battery

D

Deleted member 4366

His original fatbike was very cheap and many people were sceptical about whether he would deliver, but most of the concerns weren't realised. There were the normal quality issues you could expect with any new start like that, but it seems that most got what they paid for. He's now followed up with more models that are still built down to a price, but offer more than the original one. Basically, for that price, they're not bad. They're easy to fix and the standard parts are available from lots of suppliers (mainly Chinese).

I've tried that 48v motor in another fat bike, and it went pretty well. I have a reservation about the gearing on that bike. With 7 speed, it's most likely freewheel gears, which probably means 14T top gear, but the chainwheel doesn't look big enough, so the gearing might be too low for the speed of the motor. If it is like that, it wouldn't cost much to upgrade it to faster gearing.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
With 7 speed, it's most likely freewheel gears, which probably means 14T top gear, but the chainwheel doesn't look big enough, so the gearing might be too low for the speed of the motor. If it is like that, it wouldn't cost much to upgrade it to faster gearing.
it seems to be equipped for trail riding, speed isn't an issue.
For trails, I would fit a suspension fork. The fat tires are not enough.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
His original fatbike was very cheap and many people were sceptical about whether he would deliver, but most of the concerns weren't realised. There were the normal quality issues you could expect with any new start like that, but it seems that most got what they paid for. He's now followed up with more models that are still built down to a price, but offer more than the original one. Basically, for that price, they're not bad. They're easy to fix and the standard parts are available from lots of suppliers (mainly Chinese).

I've tried that 48v motor in another fat bike, and it went pretty well. I have a reservation about the gearing on that bike. With 7 speed, it's most likely freewheel gears, which probably means 14T top gear, but the chainwheel doesn't look big enough, so the gearing might be too low for the speed of the motor. If it is like that, it wouldn't cost much to upgrade it to faster gearing.

The controller is 48v 15 a Dont know the motor code yet.But the motor should basically be the same as the new Bafang sw 06 hub motor(smaller BPM) as it is 158 mm diameter and 1:5 gearing.Havent tried a fatbike yet so dont know the rolling ressitence.Since the battery is 17.5 amp it should be able to give contionuious 20a current with a bigger/soldered controller??

D

Deleted member 4366

I can imagine that they'd be more efficient off-road. The one I tried on the road has the same motor. It was OK as an electric bike, but you wouldn't want to ride it far without power. it wasn't bad, but just not like a thin-wheeled bike. I think the one I rode is rated at 750w, but the motor looks the same. I think the Sondors one can handle more than 15 amps.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
I can imagine that they'd be more efficient off-road. The one I tried on the road has the same motor. It was OK as an electric bike, but you wouldn't want to ride it far without power. it wasn't bad, but just not like a thin-wheeled bike. I think the one I rode is rated at 750w, but the motor looks the same. I think the Sondors one can handle more than 15 amps.
The 250w and 350w are the same .The 500w a little wider nd the 750 is a beast.But the 250/350 looks wide enough to take some current if the battery can deliver 20ah contuinously.

https://sondorsforum.com/topic/1171-has-anyone-opened-up-their-motor/