Cheap Panniers etc. From Lidl

TomB

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
early worm

Aldi are very good at turning up with the goods when they say; not always guaranteed they will still be there the next day though.

So turn up about hour 9 of day 4 of week 18 or risk disappointment.

Or day 2454587.87500 since noon on the initial epoch :eek: i.e. since recorded history began.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, I find Aldi reliable like that, and they have a similar offers of good items and junk at low low prices, similar to Lidl.

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Pannier for Sprint

I'm thinking about getting panniers to carry my spare battery. I've never cycled with panniers before, just a back box. I think I would like a pannier either side so that I could balance the load, are panniers easy to fit?

Jeanette

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There are various types Jeanette, but most have some sort of clip on arrangement, some have velcro loops as well. All of them are very easy to fit, the fitments adjustable, and the manufacturers competing on ease of use mainly. It's worth visiting a couple of bike shops and seeing what they have to get an idea on the fittings.

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
I'm thinking about getting panniers to carry my spare battery. I've never cycled with panniers before, just a back box. I think I would like a pannier either side so that I could balance the load, are panniers easy to fit?

Jeanette
Very easy Jeanette, they just drop on to the rack and are secured with straps, it's self explanatory when you try it. The only thing to really watch is that the lower straps are secure as they can become entangled with the wheel or chain if they come loose.

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Lidl have some special offers starting Monday which include panniers and a few other bike bits. Probably not the best quality, but prices are reasonable.
Lidl Online

John
I've picked myself up two sets of Lidi's panniers (one for spare).
Look ok to me - good enough for roughing it on the back of the bike :)
Also went for the tool kit. I don't have a dedicated tool kit for my ebike / bikes, so I thought it was about time I bought one. It's got many tools I don't have, so good value as far as I am concerned and at only £19.99 - bargain :D

I just found the same kit on ebay - slightly more £29.99
37 pc cycle toolbox,bike tools bicycle tools repair kit on eBay, also Tools Repair Kits, Cycling Accessories, Cycling, Sporting Goods (end time 07-Apr-08 21:00:00 BST)

ballparkcy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 18, 2008
Yeah, me too.

Just picked up a set of pannier bags for my Cyclone-KMX from Lidl, seem OK for £14.99, obviously not the best but you cant argue at the price :). Just need to sort out a rack now, anything will be better than its current configuration.

Cheers,
Ballparkcy

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Thanks Ian and Flecc,

Next opportunity I get I'll look at whats available and will probably get a couple it will really help with the clobber I tend to carry to work and back sometimes, as well as shopping.

I'm looking forward to travelling further afield in the summer with our spare batteries - and a picnic for where-ever we end up ! We're so lucky living here in Cornwall as we can just set out for a pleasant ride amongst nature - our electric bikes have opened up a whole new world for us both, there is just no way we would ever be able to cycle on normal bikes - could not when we were young, so definitely not now, although cycling just for the pleasure of it makes us feel very young indeed !

Regards
Jeanette

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah, me too.

Just picked up a set of pannier bags for my Cyclone-KMX from Lidl, seem OK for £14.99, obviously not the best but you cant argue at the price :).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i forgot all about them till reading this thread and didnt get there till 1400...managed to get a pair and find myself thinking..."ive done it again, bought something thats a good price/cheap....isnt exactly what i want,and i will be replaceing in a years use time.:eek: ....they are not exactlt quick release, more a grunt and huff to get the clips open enpugh to get on rack,on the good side they appear to have a lot of room, the top bit comes off like rucksack and plenty of pockets.....not a secure pannier that will be easy to leave on bike but could be ideal for trips out and plenty of room and pockets for picnic bits..also bought a mini pump...again dont really want it as cheap quality and have not taken off packing in case i return it......but it is very light and small....was it a good shopping trip ???????????:eek: i dont know..lololololo.l

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Thanks Ian and Flecc,

Next opportunity I get I'll look at whats available and will probably get a couple it will really help with the clobber I tend to carry to work and back sometimes, as well as shopping.

I'm looking forward to travelling further afield in the summer with our spare batteries - and a picnic for where-ever we end up ! We're so lucky living here in Cornwall as we can just set out for a pleasant ride amongst nature - our electric bikes have opened up a whole new world for us both, there is just no way we would ever be able to cycle on normal bikes - could not when we were young, so definitely not now, although cycling just for the pleasure of it makes us feel very young indeed !

Regards
Jeanette
Exactly how I feel now, had my aaggatu a week, just clocked up the first 100 miles. However will have to buy another pannier..yesterday went for a ride to Cawsand, on way back met some bikers going to a party, gatecrashed. lot of intrest in the bike, unfortunately became a little distracted, overdrank (and then some) fell off bike couple of times on way home..lost pannier. did not discover till this morning( can one be banned drunk in charge of an electric bike)

The Maestro

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2008
Lidl rules. I got a big scuba diving kit bag and fins from there and its better than ScubaPro that costs 3-4 times as much.

Aldi is also good, their Crane Sport range of cycling accessories are all good. I've not tried and Lidl cycling stuff. It tends to be a little more expensive than Aldi and a bit better.