Cheeky young blighter!

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Not currently. Pretty certain anyone can buy and use one although I believe this loop hole is due to be closed. There are a few around where I live who are using them as cheap short distance motor vehicles as when they arrive at shops they seem to have no problem hopping of and going around the shops shopping
To be honest - I'm not sure why the loophole should be closed. there are lots of people that could benefit from them despite not being registered disabled. For example my dad has really bad knees and sometimes can't walk to the end of the street - let alone the shops - and he isn't registered disabled. he doesn't have a mob scooter though.

Much better idea to use one of these for short trips than an expensive, polluting motor car. In fact, I'd love to see lots of small electric personal mobility devices to replace short journeys in cars - i.e. small fold up 10mph electric scooters with 5 mile ranges would transform transportation in our major cities.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
To be honest - I'm not sure why the loophole should be closed. there are lots of people that could benefit from them despite not being registered disabled. For example my dad has really bad knees and sometimes can't walk to the end of the street - let alone the shops - and he isn't registered disabled. he doesn't have a mob scooter though.

Much better idea to use one of these for short trips than an expensive, polluting motor car. In fact, I'd love to see lots of small electric personal mobility devices to replace short journeys in cars - i.e. small fold up 10mph electric scooters with 5 mile ranges would transform transportation in our major cities.
I perversely think its precisely for the reasons you state that government wants to restrict them. As people who don't really need them are using them as effectively small private cars rather than for what they are meant for to help people who cant walk get around. Hopefully they wont lock it down that much that people like your dad wont be able to use one.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
I know of people who are unable to use a bike but could use one of these if the the price was right and I am sure Old Dave and I could get it to 30+ :D:D:rolleyes:

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Not currently. Pretty certain anyone can buy and use one although I believe this loop hole is due to be closed. There are a few around where I live who are using them as cheap short distance motor vehicles as when they arrive at shops they seem to have no problem hopping of and going around the shops shopping
Lou and Andy on the athletics track - YouTube

;)