Chenglish....

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
LEARN CHINESE IN 5 MINUTES

I thought you might like to learn some Chinese.
Well, you can get started now:

1. That's not right - Sum Ting Wong
2. Are you harboring a fugitive? - Hu Yu Hai Ding
3. See me ASAP - Kum Hia Nao
4. Stupid Man - Dum Gai
5. Small Horse - Tai Ni Po Ni
6. Did you go to the beach? - Wai Yu So Tan
7. I bumped into a coffee table - Ai Bang Mai Ni
8. I think you need a face lift - Chin Tu Fat
9. It's very dark in here - Wao So Dim
10. I thought you were on a diet? - Wai Yu Mun Ching
11. This is a tow away zone - No Pah King
12. Our meeting was scheduled for next week - Wai Yu Kum Nao
13. Staying out of sight - Lei Ying Lo
14. He's cleaning his automobile - Wa Shing Ka
15. Your body odor is offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
16. Dirty spot on the wall - Wo Flung Dung
请转换为真正的中国人,我们不明白你说的!

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
这是一个诋毁我们的母语 :mad:

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Would it be easier for them if we all learnt to speak and write in Chinese? After all, we will have to once that they have taken over the world.
No way, many of them already speak good enough English, and by the time they might have taken over, they almost all will as in Japan.

I think we are already at the stage where the rest of the world should give in and drop their own languages. English is now very widely understood, universally used technically and on the internet, and there are universities in mainland Europe and some other places which now only teach in English. So in reality the battle is won. There's another good reason why I promote this. Most wars result from poor communications and misunderstanding, which is why wars between countries speaking the same language so rarely occur.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
Would it be easier for them if we all learnt to speak and write in Chinese? After all, we will have to once that they have taken over the world.
是的,它会中,我们将接管世界和智能电动车英国

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
No way, many of them already speak good enough English, and by the time they might have taken over, they almost all will as in Japan.

I think we are already at the stage where the rest of the world should give in and drop their own languages. English is now very widely understood, universally used technically and on the internet, and there are universities in mainland Europe and some other places which now only teach in English. So in reality the battle is won. There's another good reason why I promote this. Most wars result from poor communications and misunderstanding, which is why wars between countries speaking the same language so rarely occur.
是的,如果你会讲英语,但没有在世界其他地区和法国

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
我认为,它也许时间在中国做一个智能电动车的相关话题,就是要制造一些混乱。
我不知道它是否会被禁止?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
是的,如果你会讲英语,但没有在世界其他地区和法国
I know the French wouldn't like it, but it's a battle they've already lost only they just can't admit it!

Imagine how much more agreement we'd be likely to get if everyone at the UN communicated in English as their native language. Far more than at present where everything is first translated into French, then from French into the destination languages. It's like "Chinese Whispers", little wonder agreements are so rarely reached.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
I know the French wouldn't like it, but it's a battle they've already lost only they just can't admit it!

Imagine how much more agreement we'd be likely to get if everyone at the UN communicated in English as their native language. Far more than at present where everything is first translated into French, then from French into the destination languages. It's like "Chinese Whispers", little wonder agreements are so rarely reached.
难道你的意思是......
我知道法国人不喜欢它,但它是一个只有他们才可以不承认这一点,他们已经失去了战斗!

试想一下,多少协议,我们就可能得到,如果每个人都在联合国中英文沟通,作为他们的母语。远远超过目前这里的一切是第一个被翻译成法语,然后从法国到目标语言。这就像“中国私语”,难怪协议,所以很少能达到。

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
That last bit has more than a grain of truth. In Ghana they sell a 125 4-stroke single motorbike which is a copy of the old 125 Honda but up to date where it matters - LED rear light. digital gear indicator (definitely necessary with the very strange cyclic gear change), loud anti-theft/immobilizer with remote keys. The price? £500 in local currency on the road. Nothing whatsoever wrong with it (allowing for the funny gearchange).

I managed to break the left mirror mounting where it screwed into the clutch lever assembly. The whole thing - clutch lever, handlebar clamp, microswitch (for starting in gear) cost 7 cedis, which translates to about £2.35. From Honda I'd be surprised if you'd get any change from £30....

The replacement was a beefed-up version of the original - so they'd already realized that it might be easily damaged at that point.

Even in a poor country they can find that sort of money - those bikes are everywhere. Also the same outfit sell a funny looking thing which is a motorbike at the front, but shaft drive to a differential and two rear wheels with a small (but not too small) pickup body for carrying serious quantities of goods. Funny looking it might be, but highly practical and once again they are ubiquitous.

Rog.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
我会去我第一次骑马的一年,我想我会尝试的海滨,那里有良好的骑线。将需要充电的电池,因为它一直处于休眠3个月

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
我会去我第一次骑马的一年,我想我会尝试的海滨,那里有良好的骑线。将需要充电的电池,因为它一直处于休眠3个月
我去了我第一次骑马的一年内两个星期前,43英里,完全精疲力竭,我应该已经做了几年的20英里乘坐的是,第一,你从错误中学习!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Ohhhh stop.......please, I am laughing too much, you lads are nutters but that has been really hilarious even if I have no idea what you are saying :D

I have NO idea how you are typing all those characters......aah....hang on......google translate ??.........

VERY clever........Im a bit slow this morning.....well, most mornings......

Oh OK....dont stop......we could all do with it......its good to laugh lol :D

Lynda :)

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
Ohhhh stop.......please, I am laughing too much, you lads are nutters but that has been really hilarious even if I have no idea what you are saying :D

I have NO idea how you are typing all those characters......aah....hang on......google translate ??.........

哦,不,我们的秘密是,很多中国将加入我们的谈话吧!

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton

I use
Google Translate

非常容易使用

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I just highlight the characters, right click and use the IM translator that's top in my context menu then.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
哦,不,我们的秘密是,很多中国将加入我们的谈话吧!
Oh NO.......now I am the brunt of it and have no way of translating back to find out what you are saying, .....hmmmmmm.....I dread to think........be kind lol ;)

Advertisers