Ciclotek BPM CST kit

gazc

Just Joined
Nov 28, 2013
hi guys

had been looking at buying a kit from bms battery a few months ago but now looking to get one of these kits from european seller ciclotek instead (spain i think)

http://www.ciclotekstore.com/b2c/index.php?page=pp_producto.php&md=0&ref=9822075

has anyone got any experiences or advise as if this is suitable? i like the idea its closer to home than china, reasonably priced and has a 2 year warranty. looking at commuting 13miles each way, old railway cycle paths mainly with some roads and reasonable hills but can be muddy. plan to fit into a 29 inch mtb (same rim diameter as a 700c road bike) and intend to run my current 9 speed xt drivetrain on it hence the cst is favourable. i'm 90kg btw and intend to use the bike for commuting and also shopping with panniers

cheers

D

Deleted member 4366

£680 delivered, which is not bad considering that you get a nice frame battery. It's a shame they don't do the frame-mounted controller with the waterproof harness. I wonder whether the wheel will be central to the motor or the axle? They've limited the motor to 22 amps because of the battery, so torque won't be fantastic in 29" wheels compared with the normal 30 amps in 26" wheels, but it should be OK if your hills aren't too steep. Looks like you'll have to be the guineapig