Cleaning time any pitfalls??

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Clocked up a few miles recently in this great summer and have a few days off work now and think it's time for a good clean

Tbh in the past usually just sprayed muc off and blasted it with water and never give much thoughts to cleaning as I usually only had cheap bikes

Planning on getting in the nooks and crannies with a good brush and using a watering can for rinsing

Aside from the obvious avoiding the Wiring and battery area

What would be a good cleaner to use on a wisper bike

Is muc off ok or would you recommend something else

And a suitable chain lube also please

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i just use warm water with a tiny bit of washing up liquid in it as does just as good job as muck off and also dont eat away the paint work if you miss a bit when rinsing off.

lube wise i use the muck off wet and dry lube.

you might want some Degreaser for the chain n cassette and then some muck off protect and shine to give it a gloss finish.

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Yes I have some c3 wet and dry lube one for winter and other for summer

I'll have a look for some degreaser tomorrow

So is muc off as alkaline heavy which can lead to staining as some people mentioned on a forum I was reading

Sorry for 20 questions I just don't want to cock this one up

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
use it if you want just make sure you wash it all off thats all as it will stain the paint work if it is left on there for any length of time i have some but use it to wash the floor lol.

DSC_0387.JPG

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
I use car shampoo not washing up liquid...too harsh and full of salts. If you wax the frame and wheels easier to wash next time.
+1