For Sale Clear out - all sorts of stuff

D

Deleted member 33385

I used to play a lot until arthritis and neuropathy got the better of my fingers. Guitars are interesting in that each one has a unique set of characteristics. Some look nice with beautifully crafted marquetry, some valuable for investment, others sound really good, some play really nicely, and if you're really lucky, you get the last two together. I have this one. It's an Ibanez J-Custom Gold 1. They only made 5 of them and one is in the Ibanez museum. It looks like solid gold because it's completely finished in 24ct gold leaf. Anybody want to make an offer?
View attachment 40923

It just so happens that I'm curator of my local Ibanez museum, and we always welcome new donations!

That awesome Ibanez is one to keep in pristine and spotles condition, and a good investment piece for a lucky someone. The sort of electric I'm after is far more basic... for my sonic needs, any old electric will do - as long as it's in tune. The multitudinous and varied computer based effects will eventually render the final sound far removed from any sort of regular guitar grunge. I may make one using an Amazon kit and a big steel can, for the strange resonances.

Every guitar has a story - what's the story behind this mad gem? Did you win it wrestling crocodiles?

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It just so happens that I'm curator of my local Ibanez museum, and we always welcome new donations!

That awesome Ibanez is one to keep in pristine and spotles condition, and a good investment piece for a lucky someone. The sort of electric I'm after is far more basic... for my sonic needs, any old electric will do - as long as it's in tune. The multitudinous and varied computer based effects will eventually render the final sound far removed from any sort of regular guitar grunge. I may make one using an Amazon kit and a big steel can, for the strange resonances.

Every guitar has a story - what's the story behind this mad gem? Did you win it wrestling crocodiles?
Some of my guitars cost thousands but my favourite one that I played every day for 5 years cost me £60 from EBay. I upgraded the pickups and bridge and put a Gibson logo sticker over the Chinese brand name. Everybody else that played it thought it was a real Gibson and told me why it was worth paying the money to get a guitar that played and sounded like that.

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

I used to play a lot until arthritis and neuropathy got the better of my fingers.

Very sorry to hear that. It's awful to be deprived of an activity you clearly enjoy. Autoimmune diseases are a medical mystery which still haven't yet been solved - I've got one called Central Serous Retinopathy, leaky blood vessels behind my retinas. The immune system attacks the body and nobody knows exactly why. This chap claims to have cured himself of an autoimmune disease. As luck would have it, the full documentary he made is online "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead":

There may well be something to it: 70% of the immune system is in the gut, raw fruit and veg juices populate the gut with a huge variety of probiotics and probiotic friendly resources. If my eyes don't bloody well heal themselves quite soon, I might do the same. It's a bit extreme, but suffering from a progressive autoimmune disease is an extreme situation to be in.

I upgraded the pickups

What pickups did you get?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

Ebay sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers. That's been the case for years.
Edit: since 2008.

I actually can't remember when I started on ebay - I said 12 years because it was before the last time I moved 12 years ago at the very least. Ebay sellers can do very well, there's many a millionaire trader on ebay.

D

Deleted member 33385

Seymour Duncan SH-4 and SH-2. the best upgrade you can make to any Les Paul style guitar.

Will do! Cheers for that! They sound great:

...and surprisingly inexpensive! Makes me wonder why they don't fit better quality pickups like these in the first place... with economies of scale, it wouldn't add all that much to the price of a guitar. It's not as if the guitar body of an electric is all that important in the first place - all you want is a strong clean signal to grungify, which won't lose tuning or change (wobbly wood would be bad) in use. It's mostly the electronics on an electric which make the difference to the sound. Acoustic guitar bodies are a whole other ball game...

Last edited:

Macster58

Pedelecer
Dec 24, 2020
Hi I know this The really really long shot but would you have any type of freego hawk or wren or eagle or any other freego bike controller?. I need a 36v 15amp 250Watt. Thanks in advance for whatever your answer maybe

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I believe I need 36v
Disconnect it and bridge the red and blue wires with or without a switch if you want to work your bike without it. That'll give you normal throttle and PAS level 1. If you want a fixed higher level of PAS. Get a 10K preset pot and connect one end to any 5v wire (PAS, throttle or motor hall), the other end to any black wire and the middle terminal to the green wire. Adjust it until you get 3v on the green wire for level 3 and 2v for level 2:

Reactions: mxer

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've had a look at some of the motor-wheels today. These are what I found.
An unusual DD motor. It's about 7" in diameter. 26" front wheel never used.
201 rpm 36v Q100 26" front. slight use.
Oxygen branded small Bafang front 28" unused.
Xiongda tiny front motor 28" with controller and LCD. about 50 miles use.
201 rpm Q100 front 26" slight use.
Bagang SWX02 rear 26". I need to test because I'm not sure of its history.
Oxygen front 28" unused. I think it's one of the early Oxygens, so possibly an Aurora motor
Bafang BPM rear 26"48v code 13 sensorless unused.
Bafang BPM front 26" 48v code 10. Extended motor phase wires. sensorless.
Q100 front 328 rpm well-used. Could do with a new clutch and gears, but working.

I also have a Giant NRS with a Bafang CST motor (or clone) installed, along with all the other electrical stuff except the battery, so just needs a battery and wires sorting. The triangle isn't big enough for a Hailong or Dolphin type battery.

Other stuff that came to hand was an unused Cyclone free-wheeling crank to make your CD kit and an unused front Ezee motor drilled with 72 holes, so you can have any spoke pattern you want.

There's also this bike, that just needs a battery. It's a GNGv2 motor that runs with any controller. the bike has Nuvinci N360 rear CVT hub.

Finally, I have a a big heavy DD motor-wheel out of a Xipi conversion. I think it's 100w or 1500w. i don't know if it works, but I think it does. You can have that free if you buy any of the above.

I reckon all that is about half of what I have. There are at least 6 more bikes.

D

Deleted member 33385

Have you sold much yet? Lots of separate listings on Gumtree might be a good way to sell it all and empty your sheds.

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
It's a long shot but I don't suppose you have an Ezee V2 rear hub 250rpm?

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
The only newish 36v one is an Oxydrive bottle battery that's never been used. I have the rest of the kit too, so it would make sense to keep it as a complete kit ready to go. I've got a few good cell-packs for silver fish batteries and a few LiFePO4 packs for rack batteries that last forever, though heavy.

Loads of untested non-functional cell-packs that can be harvested for cells too. I gave forum member a boot-load of them about a year ago.
Nice to hear that LiPO4 rack batteries last for years since I have 2. The question is, will I last as long!

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Hi, not sure if I'm too late but I'm looking for either a bare rear hub that I can build up myself, or a complete wheel.

I asked here, and a Q128 (maybe Q100) was suggested but I'm open to other ideas

What I have / what I'd like
Rear 36 volt motor, cassette fitting, disk brake, to fit a 700/29er mountain bike, existing motor has 70cm long cable + internal speed sensor + round 9 pin waterproof Juliet connector. A shorter cable would be ok if you know anywhere in the UK I can get an extension cable to make up the difference.
I've seen Q128 motors listed up to 800W, the existing wheel is a 350W from Yose, something similar or slightly stronger would be fine - no need for crazy power.

It would be helpful if you could post the hub / wheel to Swansea / Wales, but a friend near yours might be able to collect for me.

many thanks

Last edited: