Coast to Coast

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Approx 140 miles over 4 days very steady pace for an old man :) could have easily done it in 3 days, but the plan was to go at an easy pace, stop frequently to soak up the views and the sunny July weather which apart from the weather was exactly what we did, coffee and cream cakes for lunch were the order of the day, followed by beef and ale pie and chips in the evening, or a good steak...consequently i finished the ride the same weight as i started it
Ha ha, it sounds a blast, did you b&b over those days? What a great inspiration

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
It is a really good ride with a huge variety of scenery, lots of climbing with a number of route choices. A reasonably easy 3 day ride, a bit harder to do in two.

Reactions: LeighPing

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A mate of mine did it in one hit on his push bike.

He's fit enough to pull it off, but said it was a dreadful experience not least because one of the others dropped out half way due to lack of fitness.

Prior to quitting, that rider had been holding the rest back and perhaps inevitably, there was a bit of a fall out.

Adding some poor weather and plenty of riding in the dark just about put the tin lid on it.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
One day is a stretch unless you are a club rider regularly doing 80 - 100 mile rides in the top group. I have done it in 2 days twice on an unassisted bike finishing at lunch time on the second day. The first day was long to finish in Alston or at Nenthead but the second day was easy. I did consider having a go in a day but couldn't find anyone willing to give it a go with me, this would have been more for a challenge than just to experience the ride. It is best done just before the summer solstice when the days are long and temps are not usually too high so you can take your time and enjoy the views.