Collection & delivery options during lockdown

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I'm very interested in an e-bike, but it's collection only and up in Cheshire, which isn't a necessary journey for me from down on the South Coast.

Can anyone suggest/recommend a courier service that'll basically do it all for me. It's important to me that the bike arrives in the condition I buy it, so I'm quite happy to have to pay well for the service.

Thanks

Gaz

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

imo 100-150 price wise loads on ebay.

Reactions: Scorpio and Gaz

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I'm very interested in an e-bike, but it's collection only and up in Cheshire, which isn't a necessary journey for me from down on the South Coast.
Can anyone suggest/recommend a courier service that'll basically do it all for me. It's important to me that the bike arrives in the condition I buy it, so I'm quite happy to have to pay well for the service.
Thanks
Gaz
Have a read here -> https://www.e-bikesdirect.co.uk/delivery/

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
If your commuting bike had broken and you needed one for work then it may be an essential journey.
Parcel Express used to collect things from me, 25kg shouldn’t be too much.

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
Try cyclesent.co.uk. Should be around £45 for delivery.

Reactions: Gaz

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Parcel Express used to collect things from me, 25kg shouldn’t be too much.
Doesn't work like that. The couriers will make a charge based on what they call 'volumetric weight'. Expect a charge based on 100-150kg.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Emanresu

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2019
Can the current owner access a cardboard bike box? Or can you get one delivered to him. It is down to removing pedals, battery and loosening the handlebars.

Looks like they will also arrange delivery too

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Can the current owner access a cardboard bike box? Or can you get one delivered to him. It is down to removing pedals, battery and loosening the handlebars.

Looks like they will also arrange delivery too

Seller's confirmed they're happy to box it if I arrange to send them a box :cool:

Gaz

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Doesn't work like that. The couriers will make a charge based on what they call 'volumetric weight'. Expect a charge based on 100-150kg.
Well it worked for me for years. Parcel Express just asked for the weight of my parcel, averaged 5 - 20kg. Not sent anything for the last two years though.
A company sent me 50kg of cast iron weight six months ago and delivery was £18.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Gaz, if any of our bikes suit you we will deliver within 5 days to your door with the bike fully prepared and ready to ride. After the lock down you can take it to your local dealer for maintenance. Just a thought.

All the best David

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hi Gaz, if any of our bikes suit you we will deliver within 5 days to your door with the bike fully prepared and ready to ride. After the lock down you can take it to your local dealer for maintenance. Just a thought.

All the best David
Thanks David, the bike I'm interested in, funnily enough, is a Wisper. It's a carbon 906xc Tourer, so a bit unusual. Unfortunately when factoring in a battery rebuild, boxing, courier costs, it's at the point where the 905 demo you've got advertised will be cheaper (even if they're quite different bikes so not really comparable).

Gaz

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks David, the bike I'm interested in, funnily enough, is a Wisper. It's a carbon 906xc Tourer, so a bit unusual. Unfortunately when factoring in a battery rebuild, boxing, courier costs, it's at the point where the 905 demo you've got advertised will be cheaper (even if they're quite different bikes so not really comparable).

Gaz
Hi Gaz, that was an amazing bike! If it's in good nick it would be worth getting, full throttle as well! We can re-cell the battery to 17Ah and we still support the bike with spare parts.

All the best, David

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Saw this on ebay not far from me, personally I thought it was overpriced, I have had a 905se for over 2 years now and it has been excellent and that is the one I would go for ( until the new Wispers arrive)

• Agree

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Currently bidding at £860 on the Bay.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
£880, but a zero bidder. Lot of money, nice as it may be. £950 for the 905SE ex demo from Wisper. I'm out.

Gaz

• Agree
Reactions: Amoto65