Commuter Bike Build

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
My BMSB lifepo4 battery 36v 12ah is still going strong after 15000 miles. This battery has been on three bikes possibly 800+ cycles in total. The capacity still has around 10.5ah

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
2 years on... and 9000 Miles later ....
------------------
Am still commuting the 20 miles a day 5 or 6 days a week whatever the weather can throw at me on -
the same bike (very weathered)
the same chain from new(worn out)
same tyres from new(goosed)
same battery from new(very weak).
same LCD display from new(nearly died recently)
the same CSTmotor for the last 8000 miles.(seems fine)
but all still work and if it ain't broke(yet), don't fix it.
-------------------
as for maintanance, SHmaintanance, the chain gets cleaned/lubed only when needed as it's very worn but still works ok without skipping teeth and changes gears smoothly.
Have just changed the worn front hub bearings to get by until I can find an equivalent hub or wheel to replace it with.
The battery only gives about 12 miles now and passes out above PAS-3 going up any incline for more than a minute so I stick to PAS-3 now until it's completely expired, then I will continue with my 20ah breeze block which only gets used occasionally now.
All in all I'm very pleased and think it's surely all paid for itself by now.
I've noticed plenty of new member names appearing on here so I hope this gives any new pedelecers the encouragement to continue on and do the same.

Reactions: VictoryV

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
After spending over an hour and a half everyday in all weathers on the bike, here is the same bike over 6 years and 25'000 miles later transported back to a normal bicycle.
IMAG1009.jpg

Reactions: joelectric and D C

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
If you start a conversion with a good-quality bike, you can’t go far wrong. And you get the added benefit of being able to sell the standard bike at a reasonable price if and when it is decommissioned or you upgrade.