Commuting advice please

BikingBeerGuy

Just Joined
Sep 21, 2020
New member here looking for a bit of advice. Until a few years ago I was a regular bike commuter in London but then moved out to the country to start my own business. I'd like to start cycling to work again but as my journey is now much hillier and I'm a bit out of shape I've decided to go electric.
My route would be mostly off road on decent paths with a number of hills so a normal commuter bike (with rack & mudguards) will do the job. It's a round trip of about 20 miles so a couple of days between charges would be good. After a lot of online research I've whittled it down to four that suit my budget -
Oxygen S Cross
Juicy Montana
Volt Pulse
Kudos Rapide
Does anyone have experience of any or all of these bikes? What are the pros / cons? Are there any other good commuter bikes around the £1500 mark I should look at?
Cheers all, over to you!

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
New member here looking for a bit of advice. Until a few years ago I was a regular bike commuter in London but then moved out to the country to start my own business. I'd like to start cycling to work again but as my journey is now much hillier and I'm a bit out of shape I've decided to go electric.
My route would be mostly off road on decent paths with a number of hills so a normal commuter bike (with rack & mudguards) will do the job. It's a round trip of about 20 miles so a couple of days between charges would be good. After a lot of online research I've whittled it down to four that suit my budget -
Oxygen S Cross
Juicy Montana
Volt Pulse
Kudos Rapide
Does anyone have experience of any or all of these bikes? What are the pros / cons? Are there any other good commuter bikes around the £1500 mark I should look at?
Cheers all, over to you!
Not sure Kudos are still trading. If you haven’t already looked at Woosh and Wisper then you should. You might pick up a surplus / old stock Cube for about this price but given the shortage of ebike stocks this is a bit of a long shot at the moment. Other bikes / companies you mention are generally well thought of.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm not sure if Kudos are still going. You should give them (Rally Design) a call to see what they've got. The rest are much of a muchness. You could add the Wisper H9 that has 44v electrics, so 20% better on hills and the NVM Moscow, which is 10% better still.

One deciding factor that many people face too late is whether you want to derestrict the speed. If you want that, make sure that the bike you choose has that feature and you know how to do it before you hand over your money. The Oxygen has changed recently and isn't derestrictable as it stands.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thank you jonah for mentioning Woosh. Availability is better than in the last 3 months but still dire until January.
For the OP, I would suggest the Woosh Camino. They are in stock at the moment.

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
You could also look at the Raleigh range - the Array should be in your price range

Overall I would look carefully at what you can get through local bike shops - it is good to have the support available if something goes wrong