Compatibility of PAS from different suppliers

Minusnine

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 6, 2021
Hi everyone, I have just fitted a woosh xf08 rear hub kit to my bike. The process went well except that the pedal assist sensor was too thick so we weren’t able to retain the original bottom bracket when fitting the sensor, and the longer bottom bracket we had to use has of course meant I can’t use the outer ring on the chainset, meaning I am rather under geared. (The 34t middle ring is now where the derailleur expects the 46t outer ring to be). Plan B is to just fit a bigger middle ring and run it as a 1x, but...

I see that a thinner (2-3mm) pedal assist sensor is available from yosepower (https://yosepower.com/products/pas-sensor) that looks like it would fit and has the same connector - would there be any reason I couldn’t use that sensor instead of the one in the woosh kit, if it enabled me to retain the original bottom bracket and triple chainset?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
can you post a picture of the current pedal sensor so we can see where the problem is?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can see that the inner face of the left crank touches the left side pedal sensor.
Your solution would work. The alternative is to file off the inner face of the left crank about 2mm to create a small gap.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can comfortably file or grind 3mm off the inboard face of the pedal arm to create more clearance.

Minusnine

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 6, 2021
Thanks both, I'll have a go with the old BB and pick up the file if necessary

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have to go down the thinner PAS disc route then any 3 wire one will be fine as long as the wire sequence is the same, if the connector is a Yellow Julet then wire sequence is standard.