Confused bike purchaser

Martinm

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2007
I have spent the past couple of days reading with interest various threads about which is the best electric bike for hills. I currently have a Euro Ebike SX 36V which after a few minor faults to begin with has been a good bike for the hills being able to go up them with no effort. The battery has now died and have had so much trouble getting a replacement from the only company in the UK to stock them i have decided to buy a new bike - one which i can easily get spares for.

My choices seem to be either Ezee Forza or the Ezee Torq.

Can anyone shed any light on which would be best for my use.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If going up hills with little effort is important Martin, the Forza is the choice without question.

The Torq has a lower powered motor geared high, so can only climb well if it's assisted by substantial rider effort, preferably from a keen cyclist. On it's own it's motor can only pull it up the gentlest of slopes, 6% typically with a fairly light rider, but because it's power comes in at higher speeds than most e-bikes, a faster fit rider can gain lots of benefit from it.

In contrast, the Forza can handle most hills without your help if you wish that, and with moderate assistance will handle virtually anything with the same sort of performance.

If you have the opportunity to test ride both, that's best of course, and you'll then see their very different character, the Torq intended very much for the keen and fit cyclist to maximise their performance, the Forza for those who would like to be that and can be with it's help. :)

The Torq's manual illustrates this. It says it's good for up to 10% hills (with combined cyclist and motor), but the Forza has no such limitation.

Both can be derestricted to power to about 22 mph where that can be legally done.

Last edited:

Martinm

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the quick reply Flecc , i thought looking at the specs the Forza was the better of the two but just wanted someone to confirm it for me :)

I havent seen anyone talk about the Euro Ebike SX 36V on this forum.Its a beast of a bike almost too heavy to cycle long distance without assistance ( me being a reasonable fit guy ) Do you think the performance of the Forza would be equal to my current bike ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Without doubt yes Martin, but it will have a very different feel and character, much more ordinary bicycle like, with the power in some ways more subtle in the way it works, where the Euro has a more moped character.