Confused.... hi I’m new to group and really need help

Shazz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2019
I have arthritis but want to have some exercise, is there such a thing as battery bike that I can pedal with help but will continue to move if I’m not pedalling? I’m really naive to this type of bike so all advice will greatly help. I only have £400. Thank you for reading

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I`m afraid at £400 you`re limited to finding something s/h on Ebay or similar, in fact i`ve spent more on just a battery.
You would have to be looking at something that has a throttle as well to be able to move on it`s own.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have arthritis but want to have some exercise, is there such a thing as battery bike that I can pedal with help but will continue to move if I’m not pedalling? I’m really naive to this type of bike so all advice will greatly help. I only have £400. Thank you for reading
yes, all Chinese bikes let you do that.
If you have arthritis in your leg joints, you should go for a bike with a throttle.
if you have also arthritis in your wrists, get a bike with a thumb throttle. Bikes with throttle still need to be pedaled a little bit when you start to comply with the law. The motor will start about half a turn after you start pedaling but the throttle needs about 2 seconds to activate after to start pedaling.
You can pedal as little or as much as you like with Chinese bikes, you don't have to push much on the pedals, just increase the assist level if you want to go fast.

Shazz

Jan 9, 2019
If you have arthritis in your leg joints, you should go for a bike with a throttle.
if you have also arthritis in your wrists, get a bike with a thumb throttle. Bikes with throttle still need to be pedaled a little bit when you start to comply with the law. The motor will start about half a turn after you start pedaling but the throttle needs about 2 seconds to activate after to start pedaling.
You can pedal as little or as much as you like with Chinese bikes, you don't have to push much on the pedals, just increase the assist level if you want to go fast.
Can you recommend any please?

Shazz

Jan 9, 2019
What happens when battery no longer charges? Are they expensive to replace?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What happens when battery no longer charges? Are they expensive to replace?
ah.. yes. The electrical parts are worth about £600 on average, the battery is 50% of that.

Reactions: Shazz

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Can you recommend any please?
what's your weight? Height? and roughly where do you live?
do you like diamond frame or step through frame or a folding bike?

Shazz

Jan 9, 2019
what's your weight? Height? and roughly where do you live?
do you like diamond frame or step through frame or a folding bike?
I’m 5ft5inches, 14 stone, prefer step through and foldable. I live in Somerset x