Confused over Cube sizing

mistuk

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 27, 2020
Hi there

I’m 6ft tall (a tiny fraction under) and I’m looking at getting a cube bike. I’m confused with their sizing and wondered if someone could help. I’m not close to a dealer so would be getting mail order.

My current normal bike is a Giant Roam 2 disc and is L size, I’ve also been on a trek powerfly 4 L size and they are both fine

I’m looking at either a cross hybrid pro 625 (which seems to have metric sizing) I’m thinking either a 54cm or 58cm

or

Cube reaction hybrid exc 625 which seems to be sized in inches - I’m assuming 19”

im pretty heavy, would either be better in this case?

I really want a Cx motor with 70nm of torque to help with the weight

thanks!

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Reactions: mistuk

BruceThomas

Jun 10, 2020
19 inch frame is what you want if you're 6 feet. I have just purchased a cube, also 6 feet and this Frame is perfect sizing for me

M. Tartiflette

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2019
I'm 6ft 1' and I've got a 54cm Cube Touring Hybrid which is good for me. I've also tried a 50cm, which was okay - perhaps not the optimum size (was looking at one for my wife) but perfectly rideable. I suspect the 58 cm would be okay too, but 54cm is probably best for me.

Re. the equivalent MTB sizes - according to the assistant at the shop we went to the 19' is the equivalent of 50cm and therefore the 21' must be the equivalent of the 54cm touring bike. I tried a 17' which was definitely too small for me, so I guess 19' does equate to 50cm.

Last edited:

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
I would ask them to measure the standover height. Im 5ft 10" and need 80cm standover to be comfortable. I tried a normal 54cm and it was too tight for me, so i would reckon it would be fine for you.
The shop had a killer deal on a 54cm Cross Hybrid pro 625 Trapeze which was much better so i went for that.
I'm 110 kilos and like you wanted a CX gen 4 motor, its a good choice and pulls like a train, and i get easy 45 miles, mostly in tour with a bit of turbo on the hills with the 625w battery.

Reactions: Fara

Fara

May 30, 2021
I would ask them to measure the standover height. Im 5ft 10" and need 80cm standover to be comfortable. I tried a normal 54cm and it was too tight for me, so i would reckon it would be fine for you.

Hello there.
I want to buy a Kathmandu hybrid but I'm also confused about cube bikes size. I'm 171cm (5ft7''according to google) and my usual size for most brand of bikes is M.
But according to the cube website I'm must choose a S in regular (diamond) frame (50cm) When you said the 54cm frame is too tight for you you mean that is too big right? (Sorry English is not my native language so I'm not sure)
I really need some help with this because it's really hard to find bikes available in shops nowadays due to the pandemic so I can't try one and I will certainly need to order the bike online .

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

MichaelM

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2020
Hello there.
I want to buy a Kathmandu hybrid but I'm also confused about cube bikes size. I'm 171cm (5ft7''according to google) and my usual size for most brand of bikes is M.
But according to the cube website I'm must choose a S in regular (diamond) frame (50cm) When you said the 54cm frame is too tight for you you mean that is too big right? (Sorry English is not my native language so I'm not sure)
I really need some help with this because it's really hard to find bikes available in shops nowadays due to the pandemic so I can't try one and I will certainly need to order the bike online .

Thanks for your help.
I'm 178cm tall and my Cube is size M/54cm. According the the sizing tool I am in the top half of the range for that size BUT is about as big as I can manage. I can get a comfortable riding position, but I suspect I might have been better with size S/50cm.

The actual standover height on mine (measured to the top tube just below the saddle nose) is 80cm. I am riding with the equivalent of c. 110mm of seatpost protruding which is fine, but is actually almost as low as I can go with my SP12 seatpost because of the parallelogram mechanism.

Obviously you can't know it is suitable for you without trying it but I'd suggest you try the 'S' first.

If you indicate where you are, somebody near you might have a bike you can try for size.

Fara

May 30, 2021
I'm 178cm tall and my Cube is size M/54cm. According the the sizing tool I am in the top half of the range for that size BUT is about as big as I can manage. I can get a comfortable riding position, but I suspect I might have been better with size S/50cm.

The actual standover height on mine (measured to the top tube just below the saddle nose) is 80cm. I am riding with the equivalent of c. 110mm of seatpost protruding which is fine, but is actually almost as low as I can go with my SP12 seatpost because of the parallelogram mechanism.

Obviously you can't know it is suitable for you without trying it but I'd suggest you try the 'S' first.

If you indicate where you are, somebody near you might have a bike you can try for size.
Thanks for your answer.

I was worried at first that the bike would be too small (because I'm used to buy M bikes I was worried by the "S" name)
Now I'm starting to think that the bike will be a little big. My legs are 79cm so I'm having question about the standover. Cube website says that it's 808mm for the S frame and 835 for the M. But with your measurements I think that the S size will be ok for my leg.

Unfortunately I live In France so I don't think that I'll go d someone with this bike nearby.

Thanks again