confusion over bafang lcd displays

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
hi can anyone help. my bbshd has the display below FIG.1 ,it says on the back 850c. I like it as it gives AMP output as well as WATTS.Its the AMPS information i want. I want to get this display for my bbs01. Simple you would think.Except its also called the dcp 14. No matter though, until you look 850c or dcp 14 up on ali express or ebay. They always show the images FIG 2 and FIG 3. Confuses the hell out of me. I want to get the cheapest i can ,but theres no guarantee either of those display AMPS and the only places definitely selling the one i want are £30 odd more than ali/ebay ones. Can anyone clarify why they are all called 850c but all different.thanks

fig.1.jpgfig.2.jpgfig.3.jpeg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Likely is that they have differing firmware for different controllers/ motors.
Intellegent supply displays to various suppliers.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Likely is that they have differing firmware for different controllers/ motors.
Those pics were all stock photos off the net for illustration. In each case where a seller was showing them the advert would say they were for ALL bbs01,bbs02,bbshd. Not different controller/motors.What i dont get Neal is why three clearly different displays can all be 850c s.Theres no way to trust they will have the same features.

I guess its probably a case of older,newer and newest versions of the same model.Same as headlamps keep the same model names but get new features/more powerful bulbs etc every few years.

Can anyone confirm if the versions in fig 2 & 3 have AMPs display?

Id be happy with the c965 that came with my bbs01 if it at least had the WATT s feature it was supposed to have...but didnt.Is there anyway to upgrade the firmware?

Last edited:

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
My BBSHD and one of my BBS02Bs have the third display and show amps.
One was caled 850C in the description while the other was caled the DCP14. !!

• Informative
Reactions: minexplorer