Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A little off topic on this one but did you Billy carry out hall sensor testing on your hub motor ?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
A little off topic on this one but did you Billy carry out hall sensor testing on your hub motor ?

Hi Nealh I'm afraid I haven't touched moped until today as got fed up fixing it. But back onto it again. But have forgot now what to do as been told to check Phase wires but not connected and was told black probe go to ground and then red to green phase wire.. but which is ground as I have tried black probe in the battery N slot on moped what plugs into battery but no readings at all there is a black wire from controller too but even tried that cant get no reading so maybe I am not touching ground

Btw I received a new controller from Erider But not sure where all wires go now I think I have explained right

Ok now I think this is right wires with red circle must be hall wires as there is 5

the plug in pink circle I don't know where that go its 4 pins

the plugs in yellow circle I think go to the alarm as that's 2 connections

the black mark I think those 2 are to replace 2 plugs what come from controller and go into wiring loom

the light green circle I think is the throttle as 3 wires black red and blue

the dark blue are battery power leads

and the light blue are the 3 phase wires

would this be correct

and I think the 2 white wires you join for learning

I found this page too which is handy but Im stuck on Phase wires which is the ground

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What about the pedal option of PAS ?
Either the light Green or Pink ?
If the Pink group has a White wire I would be inclined to think it may be for a throttle, otherwise you will need E rider to confirm the wire connectors status.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
What about the pedal option of PAS ?
Either the light Green or Pink ?
If the Pink group has a White wire I would be inclined to think it may be for a throttle, otherwise you will need E rider to confirm the wire connectors status.
The pink group has 4 wires green, red, purple, & black
The light green must be the throttle But I wont know which one is PAS as there is no more connections for them to plug into and the only whites wires are those 2 laying across top which I think are learning ones

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
White wires will be either learn wires or a speed restriction wire.

Ok we will take it then that throttle is the Green group and the pink could or may be is for a torque sensor (which makes more sense with 4 wires).

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
White wires will be either learn wires or a speed restriction wire.

Ok we will take it then that throttle is the Green group and the pink could or may be is for a torque sensor (which makes more sense with 4 wires).
Yes but I don’t have a plug for that torque sensor that’s if it is that

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Later model 15 mopeds may have had the cadence sensor PAS replaced with a TS sensor and you may have the later controller version that supports TS.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well I e-mailed Erider and there reply was.

We don't have wiring diagrams for the controller wires. The connectors are mainly all different and should guide you
But I think I know which are the phase, hall, and power connections are

light blue = phase
dark blue = power
green = throttle
red = halls sensor wires x 5
yellow 2 plugs for the alarm
black 2 x single wires 1 go to display other go to horn, indicators, and headlamp box on left of handle bars

but now I have a problem as in this image below the throttle wires on left are from controller, are from top black,red &blue but the other part I ordered the wires are same colour but not same order, red,blue,&black so will that matter

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Red & Black have to match as they are 5v & Gnd respectively, the fact the signal happens to be the same (Blue) is coincidental.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Red & Black have to match as they are 5v & Gnd respectively, the fact the signal happens to be the same (Blue) is coincidental.
How can I do change them now, as I have bought 5 pairs of those throttle wire connectors JST-SM

I cant see how to change the wires, actually the seller on ebay was displaying red green & white wires but when they arrived they are red, blue, & black wires

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Using a needle one pokes it in the small hole in the end to depress a small barb and at the same time gently pull the wire out from the end other, another option if you aren't easily confused is to use a piece of colour heatsink on each end of the wire to re designate the colour order (one then has to remember to forget about the main wire colour and be guided by the heat sink colour when connecting up).
So shrink a bit of Red each end to the Black wire, a bit of Black to the Blue wire and any colour you like to the Red (middle) wire to donate it is the signal (personally I would use White.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Using a needle one pokes it in the small hole in the end to depress a small barb and at the same time gently pull the wire out from the end other, another option if you aren't easily confused is to use a piece of colour heatsink on each end of the wire to re designate the colour order (one then has to remember to forget about the main wire colour and be guided by the heat sink colour when connecting up).
So shrink a bit of Red each end to the Black wire, a bit of Black to the Blue wire and any colour you like to the Red (middle) wire to donate it is the signal (personally I would use White.
Hi Nealh I was thinking of removing each wire like you said. using a pin or needle, I dont have any coloured heat sink so will try needle way then push each back in same order as controller end

bingo Ive managed to remove the wires and line them up to controller end thanks Nealh

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Much better.