Considering a Cyclone, agattu battery possible?

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Well whilst I'm very pleased with my Agattu, I've started thinking again about a kit for my Rans Dynamik (most comfortable bike award:) )

From the Agattu I know I like the drive through gears and I want the flexibility to go on rough tracks so a non-hub system probably cyclone seems a fair possibility.

I understand from other posts that there may be a bit of DIY with cable cover and sealant to prevent problems in wet weather.

From others experience I think I'll need (want) one of the over 250W kits, so of course it will be for off road use only.

I'll need to double check measurements, but as the Dynamik has very long rear stays a cyclone should fit above the chainstays rather than below which should keep it out of harms way.

It would be great if I could find a way to use my Agattu battery to power it. Anyone know if it might be possible to get an Agattu battery bike 'docking' connector and wire that to the differrent motor?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It would be great if I could find a way to use my Agattu battery to power it. Anyone know if it might be possible to get an Agattu battery bike 'docking' connector and wire that to the differrent motor?
Fairly unlikely, and it might not be a good idea anyway. As you know, there's a five way connector on the Panasonic battery, three in use during charging and a different three combination during usage. Clearly the battery is being monitored during current usage by the motor electronics as part of it's protection, and that wouldn't be the case when using it on a direct supply system. In fact you'll find two different voltage supply points both close to the nominal voltage, and I couldn't tell you which to use, so you'd need to open up your Agattu unit and battery to find which connection goes where into the mainboard and battery and work out the correct one.

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
In fact you'll find two different voltage supply points both close to the nominal voltage, and I couldn't tell you which to use, so you'd need to open up your Agattu unit and battery to find which connection goes where into the mainboard and battery and work out the correct one.
Mmmmmm plenty of scope to spoil my perfectly good Agattu if I start pulling it apart with my non-existant experience :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll have to factor in a battery too then if I want to go ahead.