Considering Selling E Bike.

malfos

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2013
I'm considering selling my Sept 2020, Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625W, e bike, with about 1400 miles on the clock. Has anyone advertised their e bike in the classified adverts on this site? If you have, what sort of a response do you get, did you manage to sell sell it on this site? E bay has such high selling charges 13.5%! selling fee, plus PayPal charges, which they steer you towards. I'm also not on Facebook, and don't want to be, really.
Just wondering what response you got advertising on here. Thanks, Malc.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
I'm considering selling my Sept 2020, Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625W, e bike, with about 1400 miles on the clock. Has anyone advertised their e bike in the classified adverts on this site? If you have, what sort of a response do you get, did you manage to sell sell it on this site? E bay has such high selling charges 13.5%! selling fee, plus PayPal charges, which they steer you towards. I'm also not on Facebook, and don't want to be, really.
Just wondering what response you got advertising on here. Thanks, Malc.
There's Gumtree to consider but of course you still get people saying can I come and see it and then don't show, but from my own experiences, you get less people mucking you about than on Facebook Marketplace

Reactions: malfos

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Sold mine through this website. Ebay and facebook are places I avoid using for selling items. I have found locally Friday-Ad, Gumtree and Preloved can be quite useful. You will always find people who will let you down, whichever way you try to sell.

I much prefer to have someone visit me, check the goods and hand over cash.

malfos

Apr 29, 2013
There's Gumtree to consider but of course you still get people saying can I come and see it and then don't show, but from my own experiences, you get less people mucking you about than on Facebook Marketplace
Thanks for that, bikes 4two, I've made a note of Gumtree. I sold my last pedelec ( Khalkhoff Agattu) on E bay for £695, very quickly, just over 2 yrs since,but I can't recall what they charged in commission then probably about 10% which is still too much. I'm not prepared to pay what they are asking now.Over the years I have sold several motorbikes privately using Autotrader for between £20 and £40 which is far more reasonable than e bay.

Reactions: Bikes4two

malfos

Apr 29, 2013
Sold mine through this website. Ebay and facebook are places I avoid using for selling items. I have found locally Friday-Ad, Gumtree and Preloved can be quite useful. You will always find people who will let you down, whichever way you try to sell.

I much prefer to have someone visit me, check the goods and hand over cash.
Thanks for that Slowcoach, I've made a note of those sites, and will possible post on those plus Gumtree and this website.
Like you I much prefer someone to come and view and make sure it is what they want,and do a cash sale. Pleased to see that you sold through this website

Reactions: Bikes4two

malfos

Apr 29, 2013
The bike is now for sale on this forum, and the advert, plus more photos are on the classified section of the forum.

Attachments