Continuing disappointment in Scott

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
I will not bore you again with the details (see disappointed in Scott thread) however scott uk have sent my dealer the wrong mudguard which we both suspected would be the case, it isn't even close ???
my dealer has now said he is out of options, since this saga began scott uk have emailed me direct on a number of occasions and, I suspect, have seen the previous thread I can only conclude they really don't care.
My next step will be to email the CEO and ask him to take a look at the thread, his email address is available on line. I will publish any response if there is any....................... BUYER BEWARE

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I will not bore you again with the details (see disappointed in Scott thread) however scott uk have sent my dealer the wrong mudguard which we both suspected would be the case, it isn't even close ???
my dealer has now said he is out of options, since this saga began scott uk have emailed me direct on a number of occasions and, I suspect, have seen the previous thread I can only conclude they really don't care.
My next step will be to email the CEO and ask him to take a look at the thread, his email address is available on line. I will publish any response if there is any....................... BUYER BEWARE
I really do understand where you are coming from with this and agree with your position and agree Scott has very inefficient...But in reality its only a set of mudguards just fit suitable alternative and enjoy your bike.

• Agree

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I suspect it's more the poor attitude of Scott towards someone who has spent a considerable amount of cash with them that must be disappointing and annoying, especially when you see from this forum that the likes of Woosh and other companies who support the forum really value their customers and do all they can to help and advise them both pre sale and post sale
Dave.

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
I totally agree it is only a set of mudguards, I have a decent replacement, and my bike is brilliant, I'm off on the C2C again next week life is good :D
I work as an Engineer in the service industry, if I treated my customers the way scott treat theirs, I would deserve to be unemployed, what if the issue were more serious? ie warranty claim, engine fault, etc etc how would they shape up then? I wouldn't risk another purchase on this evidence.
it's amazing to think I have got money in my pocket and I want to spend it and the supplier can't be arsed to supply me.
End of sermon :(

Donnie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 13, 2017
Bedford, UK
where did the replacements come from, Im looking at buying an e sub for the wife when i noticed this thread :-/

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
So the dealer is out of options - yet another example of a dealer palming a customer off onto a supplier who doesn't deal direct with the public.

In your last thread OnBike were keen to rebuke me when I pointed out they had, at the very least, been made to look stupid by Scott.

Seems to me that rather than talking down to retail customers, OnBike still need to direct their ire towards Scott.

Either that, or both are equally incompetent.

As you say, buyer beware.

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Donnie
I bought mine from a German company via amazon, from the description they were very similar, to the ones fitted, and to be honest they don't look bad, however I originally bought a pair from the OEM a company called curana, but they arrived mangled due to lack of care in packaging (again via amazon who refunded me) contacting curana direct took me down a dead end?

Talking of "dead ends" I did contact the CEO of Scott with a direct email however. he must be far too busy running his multi-national company to reply to the likes of me :)
The bike is very good, but then again so are many others I WOULD NOT BUY any Scott product again .................once bitten.

• Informative

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Donnie
I bought mine from a German company via amazon, from the description they were very similar, to the ones fitted, and to be honest they don't look bad, however I originally bought a pair from the OEM a company called curana, but they arrived mangled due to lack of care in packaging (again via amazon who refunded me) contacting curana direct took me down a dead end?

Talking of "dead ends" I did contact the CEO of Scott with a direct email however. he must be far too busy running his multi-national company to reply to the likes of me :)
The bike is very good, but then again so are many others I WOULD NOT BUY any Scott product again .................once bitten.
Curana - I have had terrible experience with them. They literally never replied to any correspondence ever

I liked their mudgaurd but , as a consequence, have never bought again. And never will

• Informative

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Same here KirstinS Curana couldn't be bothered to reply to me, what is wrong with these companies?? It seems there are other customers who, for whatever reason are left let-down, abandoned or just simply ignored by the dealer or manufacturer, or both ?
People power via the consumer is a very powerful tool particularly using this forum, it has highlighted an issue with at least two brands and hopefully will cause some financial penalty to the parties concerned.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
.. I can appreciate your annoyance, but are mudguards not readily available at any bike shop? I suspect or at least hope that if your problem was more substantial, eg the motor , that you would have a more measured response.

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Unfortunately the problem with the mudguards was that they are "branded" Scott so they're not the same,however you would think that you would have a better response from the supplier and the seller ,its not a big deal I am just making it one to highlight a problem with Scott