Controller colour decoding - anyone?

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
I've acquired an Ezee Liv (nearly all my bikes are Ezees!).

It came with no battery or charger. I have a 48v 10A battery / charger coming from BMS.

I have bought a generic, 48v dc controller from EBay to run the new set up.

What does anyone think each of the plugs do? (looking for slightly more than educated guesses!)

Large Blue / Yellow I assume will be to motor
Large Red Black will be 48v in
There are 3 small plugs each has a black and red wire. One is labelled "charging port", one "Indicator" and the third " brake light" - Any ideas?
There is a small blue /red plug which is unlabelled.
There is a 3 wire plug - red/black/blue which I assume is throttle?
The is a black / yellow plug, not labelled but possibly brake cut out?

Anyone? (sorry about the quality of the pic)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
this link may help:
Yiyun Electric Controller 36V800W Electric Scooter Water Proof YK31C Brushed, Electric Bike Part, El on CPbay.com

Specifications:
YIYUN controller compatiable 36V800W Brushed
Model Name: YK31C
Short voltage protect: 20± 0.5V
Size: 100*69*38mm
Throttle: 1-4V
This item fits most electric scooters, electric bikes
1 black&yellow connector - Brake wire
2 red&black connecotr - Charging port
3 red&black&blue connecotor -Derailleur /throttle
4 red&black connector - Indicator
5 red&blue connector - Power locks
6 red&black connector - Brake light
7 Thick white&blue connector - Motor
8 Thick red&black connector - Battery

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Thanks TREX. It's not exactly the same controller but the colour coding is the same.

Would you or anyone care to interpret the Chinglish?

Working through the numbered items in your post:

1. Brake cut out - OK
2. Charging port. Is this an option to charge the battery via this plug?
3. Throttle, OK
4. Indicator - Will this be a voltage indicator? Obviously not a direction indicator. Would I just connect a volt meter or LED meter?
5. What are "power Locks"?
6. "Brake Light" - does this supply a feed to a brake light in the event of the brake being operated?
7. OK
8. OK

Thanks, dave

D

Deleted member 4366

Easy to check with a voltmeter when connected to the battery. Those black and red connectors will most likely all carry fixed battery voltage.

You might find that the power lock has to be connected for the controller to give power. If you're not sure, you can check to see if that blue wire connects to the PCB with a direct link to a big resistor. If so, the battery voltage goes up the red wire and back down the blue one to power the controller.

The brake light one will most likely be fixed battery voltage. To work a brake light, you'll need a separate brake switch.

Indicator is to work battery indicator LEDs. If you have a throttle with LEDs, you only need the red wire because the LEDs use the throttle ground.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's a brushed motor controller with no PAS function, so no use to us. We need a PAS function to be legal.