Controller LCD-P3C E-bike UrbanGlide C7

darren29

Just Joined
Jun 18, 2023
hi i have the same display p3c on a troy RD5 fat-bike but i'm not sure if mine can support cruise control. i have the thumb throttle enabled but for the rest how can i activate it and see if it actually works for me

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
hi i have the same display p3c on a troy RD5 fat-bike but i'm not sure if mine can support cruise control. i have the thumb throttle enabled but for the rest how can i activate it and see if it actually works for me
Cruise control is pretty useless and unsafe. it sounds like a good idea, but when you try it, you see that it isn't.

Do you have pedal assist? if you do, you don't need cruise controll anyway because it's more or less the same.

You can make a better cruise control with any throttle. Just take out the spring. You need a bit of friction to hold it in place, so if you have a thumb-throttle, push it up against the brake lever or anything else.

Here's a really great cruise control added to a bike with no PAS using a re-purposed handlebar clamp. The clamp has a small bar screwed to it that works as a stop for the thumb lever. It's clamped just tight enough so that you can rotate it with your thump into any position and hold the throttle there. Cost zero, time to make about 5 minutes.

That was December 2012. Happy days. I see Morphix and Jeremy there. I wonder what happened to them?

sauth

Just Joined
Jul 14, 2023
Does anyone know what all the P codes do for the p3c display? Also the error codes. It would be very useful if it was in the form of a list.