Controller mod. I know another thread

Olesmokie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 25, 2017
Somerset
Hello pedelecers.

i know there is loads of threads titled controller mod on this and other forums. But I can't find anywhere that explains this problem in a way I can apply it to my setup.

I've been charging my battery pack up to under 63v since adding a rear hub motor to my mid drive project. The controller caps were only rated to 63v

Yesterday I finally open the controller and upgraded the caps. It looks to me and google as my mosfets are fine to run at 67.2 (max) volts. But I was wondering about the voltage regulator (lm317t) because I was working fine at 63v and nothing blow; do I need to change anything?

Can I assume adding 4.2 volts will be fine too. Or should I adjust resisters?

I hope these images are clear enough that you can help me. As you can see the controller is a generic Chinese controller made by szktdz.com.

IMG_0966.JPGIMG_0961.JPGIMG_0959.JPG

I don't mind that the lvc is is going to be 40 odd volts. It's the same on my other controlller so I monitor battery voltage while riding.

Is there anything else I need to check or change before fully charing my battery pack?

While I had the controllers off yesterday I took the oppitunity to add a little solder the the shunt on my mid drives controller upping it to about 35a max. It a GNG stock controller; what do you reckon the max I can up this to? I didn't think to check the mosfets when I had it open so can't google them. But I did add some solder to the pdb tracks.

Can't wait to test this setup at 67.2v. At below 60v I was able to hit just over 40mph on a relitively flat track. By my calculations I should have over 6000w of power when fully charged.

As always thanks for reading

Ole

D

Deleted member 4366

I doubt that there's anything else that needs changing. The only thing I've noticed is that the big resistors can sometimes get a bit hot when over-volting. if yours gets too hot, you could think about swapping it for two 780 ohm ones or thereabouts.

Olesmokie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 25, 2017
Somerset
I doubt that there's anything else that needs changing. The only thing I've noticed is that the big resistors can sometimes get a bit hot when over-volting. if yours gets too hot, you could think about swapping it for two 780 ohm ones or thereabouts.
Thanks again D8veh. Is that resistor a 2w one?