Controller won't cut off at 25km-15m/h

DuncanDK

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2015
Hi
I have installed a Q100 36V front wheel, with a S06S sine wave controller 36V and a S-LCD3 display.

In the display I have adjusted the system to "cut off" at 25 km/h, - but the controller doesn't cut off. Instead it continues to assist all the way up to what seems to be the top speed of the motor.

OBS... I use the internal speed sensor in the motor to meassure speed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how how to resolve this issue and get the motor to cut off?

Sincerely yours
Duncan

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
First thought is the wheel set to the right size in the LCD?
MPH instead of KPH?

DuncanDK

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2015
I have set the display to KM, so that is correct.

However, the rim size I have changed from 20 inch to 16 inch.
(It really is only 20 inch wheels on this bike)

The speed is meassured wrong when the correct rim size is chosen, so I adjusted rim size down to 16 inch to fit the speed correctly.

With 16 inch as rim size, the speed meassurement fits within 1,5 km/h. I used an Iphone speed-app to make sure and I have tested the app against a regular bike computer. The app is accurate.

It feels as if the cut off value is disregarded completely. There is no difference, no matter what I choose 15 km/h...25 km/h.... 35 km/h. There is no cut off.

Last edited:

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
have you removed the derestricted connection of the controller?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Sounds like the problem is with the controller, a bad connection or a broken wire.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there may be a bug in the controller or LCD software, try these steps out - see if any of them work:
1. test for maximum speed using the throttle
2. test for maximum speed using the pedelec
3. change the communication protocol