Conversion costs

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
She'd probably ride faster than him if he didn't have the motor.
but to make my bike go 40mph you have to spin the cranks at 120rpm non stop try it u will get a real work out or i can sell u some speed or some dreamscape pills if ur not up to it :cool:

the batt runs out b4 the drugs do mind :rolleyes:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
What a nasty and ironic thing to say.
I don't think he started it. Soundwave is harmless. He's been doing that for years. Nobody takes any notice. If anybody thinks anybody is writing something that they shouldn't, there's a "report" link under the post. You should use that rathere than make it personal.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
report it to who god there is no moderator :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
cost them 40k a year each gross misconduct in public office :D

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
No lol, not clarks clout.
difficulty bleeding, sticky pistons, and once heated up forget it. Their new M4 brake looks not bad. Reviews are ok, seems to be styling on a clone of others but for a commuter brake they're going to be very good.
Clarks Clout are very decent brakes I've seen long term reports of great reliability on some of the mountain bike forums even improving on Shimano's entry level brakes. They have come fitted on some well reviewed bikes too mainly bargain Halfords bikes admittedly that punch above their price point. Halfords sell huge numbers of Clarks hydraulic disc brake sets in fact it could well be the only brand they sell. However who makes them for Clarks is another matter, I've read someone claim Tektro and another Zoom, I've not looked to see who they are most similar to.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
I use Clark’s M4 on my MTB and I think they are very good. They don’t stick or fade at all and have good enough modulation for my needs.

chris667

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2009
Soundwave is harmless. ... Nobody takes any notice.
I don't think he is actually. He's one of the reasons this forum is dying on its arse, and the vast majority of the people who come here never return.

The problem with him and quite a few other regulars on this forum is it becomes hard to find sensible advice, because they post gibberish for their own entertainment when they don't have anything useful to say.

It's a shame. This could be a great resource, but people like him spoil it.

• Agree
Reactions: D C and FastFreddy2

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
I don't think he is actually. He's one of the reasons this forum is dying on its arse, and the vast majority of the people who come here never return.

The problem with him and quite a few other regulars on this forum is it becomes hard to find sensible advice, because they post gibberish for their own entertainment when they don't have anything useful to say.

No, I don't feel it is. And speaking as another formally diagnosed neurodivergent (although I wouldn't put it on a banner and expect strangers on the Internet to treat me differently because of it) I would welcome someone pointing out to me if I was missing a social cue.

Being autistic does not give you the right to be rude.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020

Not strictly true or limited to a small number of users. THIS IS A HUB ORIENTATED EBIKE SITE, so what you get is not mid drive/rear hub but 'oh rear drive is superiour, mid drive is rubbish,only a fool would buy a mid drive'. With the emphasis on self conversion rather than off the peg so to speak.
Im on two other Ebike forums, both are very busy, both have more regular users than here and both accept chat about all types of ebike without one side being pushed over the other.

This is why I make the jokes I make about hubdrive. Im a counter to this clique elitist nonsense. Just doing what I always do and fighting the man.
It's about bums on saddles, and a basic standard of quality, because without the basic standard of quality, we lose bums on saddles.

Reactions: FastFreddy2

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023

No, I don't feel it is. And speaking as another formally diagnosed neurodivergent (although I wouldn't put it on a banner and expect strangers on the Internet to treat me differently because of it) I would welcome someone pointing out to me if I was missing a social cue.

Being autistic does not give you the right to be rude.
And your point?

Chris is right, and I'll explain that tomorrow when I've got some time for some self-indulgence. But the one thing I can say in just a few words, is I've not noticed Chris being abusive (name calling) or suggesting anyone has a lower intellect. Like me, he's pretty much stuck to the point, and that's riding illegally, and promoting it on a public forum is not very prudent. The response has been two members, both of which seem to to be fairly active here, attacking the legal point of view by making their comments personal and derogatory.

Who, do they suppose, enjoys seeing what amounts to bullying on a public forum? Prospective members? Members of the public? Sponsors of the forum?

On many forums there is 'play fair' doctrine. If I were a moderator here, two members would currently be enjoying a one month hiatus where they couldn't post anything. Second similar offence, lifetime ban.

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Not strictly true or limited to a small number of users. THIS IS A HUB ORIENTATED EBIKE SITE, so what you get is not mid drive/rear hub but 'oh rear drive is superiour, mid drive is rubbish,only a fool would buy a mid drive'. With the emphasis on self conversion rather than off the peg so to speak.

It's about bums on saddles, and a basic standard of quality, because without the basic standard of quality, we lose bums on saddles.
As a fairly new member here, I'm surprised you are suggesting there is greater support for hub drives, because I would have said otherwise? I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying I'm not aware of it. In fact I would have said the alternative was true, and there was more interest in mid-drives?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

Can you give examples of Soundwave's bad advice on ebikes? When you ignore his hyperboles on other things that nobody takes seriously, I've found his actual advice to be very good.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

RollingChunder

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Can you give examples of Soundwave's bad advice on ebikes? When you ignore his hyperboles on other things that nobody takes seriously, I've found his actual advice to be very good.
He reminds me of most blokes I've worked with on building sites. Endless boasts about how good they are at racing/fighting/shagging/drinking and perhaps flouting the law, but if you politely disregard that, they are extremely knowledgeable about their trade. I'd have a beer with him.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
He found a very good source for a battery for my sisters bike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you lot come to Gloucester the police get fast food delivered to there car windows on 3kw hub motor bikes, what law lmfao. :p

20240216_133035[1].jpg

crap man killed the bin ive never even hit it pmsl

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Like me, he's pretty much stuck to the point, and that's riding illegally, and promoting it on a public forum is not very prudent. The response has been two members, both of which seem to to be fairly active here, attacking the legal point of view by making their comments personal and derogatory.
Two peas in a pod, the OP asked a specific question and he got some specific answers however there will always be sad 'do-gooders' that the feel the need to jump in on other peoples threads with the same boring tedious chat again and again and again and force their interpretation of the 'law' down peoples throats.

Anway, congrats on the new bromance have you guys had a meetup yet?

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Chris is right, and I'll explain that tomorrow when I've got some time for some self-indulgence.
So you're going to wade in more on someone else's thread with your irrelevant rhetoric, at least have the courtesy to start your own thread so we can ignore it...