Conversion kit to make an e bike.

Simon Lightning

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 13, 2015
The Yose originally was a good kit when I first posted about them, back then they came with a kt controller and lcd3. For what ever reason a long the way they went with Lishui and this became an oem only bike for the controller side, as least with the KT one could simply get a kt part from anywhere.
Thanks for the information.

Simon Lightning

Sep 13, 2015
You haven't said what sort of riding you expect to do. Front hub is fine for many situations, especially where it is fairly flat. You could look at mid motor or rear (as long as you don't decide on hub gears).

I'd recommend Woosh for the kit. https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits
Exactly matches

(In case you were wondering, Swytch does not fit that.)

Also look at https://www.amazon.co.uk/F-lli-Schiano-Womens-Moon-Bike/dp/B09VLGZTMD/ and similar ready built bikes (they have top tube as well as step-through models). I don't know, but I suspect the controller is less good that you'd get with (say) the Woosh XF07 kit.
I looked at the Woosh website and it was very impressive, lots of clear and helpful info, so thatnks again.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
I have a Yose kit, it was my first conversion kit / Ebike and I was impressed.
After I changed the display & controller to KT items I like it a lot more.
As supplied, Yose works well but I found it basic and crude. Converting to KT gave alot more options to set it the way I like, and changed the the system so from "Speed controoled" to "Torque controlled" - it's just a lot smoother and nicer to ride now.

I'd suggest either buy Yose kit and plan to swap the controller & display to KT (a bit of a waste) or look for a kit which is supplied with a KY controller.

Lots of background info - and a similar recent discussion about Yose https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/yosepower-hub-kits.30061/page-93

I like Yose a lot but if I was buying again I'd look for a different kit and buy one that comes with a KT controller :)

Reactions: Xav

Simon Lightning

Sep 13, 2015
I have a Yose kit, it was my first conversion kit / Ebike and I was impressed.
After I changed the display & controller to KT items I like it a lot more.
As supplied, Yose works well but I found it basic and crude. Converting to KT gave alot more options to set it the way I like, and changed the the system so from "Speed controoled" to "Torque controlled" - it's just a lot smoother and nicer to ride now.

I'd suggest either buy Yose kit and plan to swap the controller & display to KT (a bit of a waste) or look for a kit which is supplied with a KY controller.

Lots of background info - and a similar recent discussion about Yose https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/yosepower-hub-kits.30061/page-93

I like Yose a lot but if I was buying again I'd look for a different kit and buy one that comes with a KT controller :)
Thanks very much for your reply.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Hi Thanks for you reply. Whoosh was recommended to me and the site had many clear pitures and lots of clear advice. Their site was extemely impressive.
Over the years Woosh has built a solid reputation on this forum. I have seen many positive comments and not even a single negative. So if you are willing to pay a little extra for first class customer service then this is the way to move forward.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
These ones have KT controllers. The kit is all standard stuff, so should be pretty good, but I don't know anything about the supplier. You'd have to compare the total cost of this kit with a Yose one plus £80 for a KT kit.

Simon Lightning

Sep 13, 2015
Over the years Woosh has built a solid reputation on this forum. I have seen many positive comments and not even a single negative. So if you are willing to pay a little extra for first class customer service then this is the way to move forward.
That's very reassuring to know, thanks for informing me.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Top bike kit have all the gear you need, including KT controllers. You do have to put the list together yourself rather than a kit ready to go as supplied by Whoosh.
They've had a few mentions on the forum though I've not yet used them myself. They also have an Aliexpress site as well as their own.

With Woosh you would have the advantage of excellent customer back up service.

Simon Lightning

Sep 13, 2015
Top bike kit have all the gear you need, including KT controllers. You do have to put the list together yourself rather than a kit ready to go as supplied by Whoosh.
They've had a few mentions on the forum though I've not yet used them myself. They also have an Aliexpress site as well as their own.

With Woosh you would have the advantage of excellent customer back up service.
Thank you for your advice, Woosh seem to be held in high esteem on this forum. I haven't done an e bike conversion before so probably would need the back service from Woosh. Kind regards

Reactions: Woosh