Conversion kits

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
technically there all illegal even 250w as you can change the settings for speed and power levels.

id not worry about it tho ;)
It's an off-road switch that's illegal. Potential to Reprograme in isnt.
I stay legal as I worry. A broken arm and wrist due to a 4*4 on the pavement , and the drivers friend tried to test my bikes brakes. She was done by the police. My lawyers are still working on the compensation.
Just because you haven't had problems doesn't mean it can't happen.
He's new. Give him unbiased advice and I wouldn't have said this but come in all. It's ok to use a 50 mph electric bike. That's not clever or right.

Reactions: Wicky

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
It's an off-road switch that's illegal. Potential to Reprograme in isnt.
I stay legal as I worry. A broken arm and wrist due to a 4*4 on the pavement , and the drivers friend tried to test my bikes brakes. She was done by the police. My lawyers are still working on the compensation.
Just because you haven't had problems doesn't mean it can't happen.
He's new. Give him unbiased advice and I wouldn't have said this but come in all. It's ok to use a 50 mph electric bike. That's not clever or right.
UK.gov and the pedelecs law page, say off road switches and modes are illegal.My led back light has 5 settings/modes.Not saying my back light is illegal,just that it has modes,you press a button to change modes just like certain ebike display's.

Sent from my D101 using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Changing max speed back to 25 km/h after an accident is not something I would try with a broken wrist!

While you are KO on the road a well intentioned person with pedelec and LCD knowledge could change your max speed to above the legal limit to preserve his insurance premium.. Now there is a scary thought