Converted another Stingray Chopper

Mark Loveridge

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2009
We thought it would be fun to convert another Stingray chopper, so have done! its almost 7ft long! From what I gather there were only a handful of these brought into the UK and probably even less converted to electric!

Check out the video of it in action here: Schwinn Stingray Electric - YouTube

IMG_1200.jpgIMG_1199.jpgIMG_1197.jpgIMG_1198.jpg

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Hi Mark,

as a motorcyclist I must admit that I don`t like the chopper look, in anything.

But I think this would look really good as a trike if you fancy getting your welding gear out.

Steve

Mark Loveridge

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2009
Hi Mark,

as a motorcyclist I must admit that I don`t like the chopper look, in anything.

But I think this would look really good as a trike if you fancy getting your welding gear out.

Steve
Hi Steve,

My choice of motorbike also isn't a chopper! However it is an eye-catcher and means you engage in conversation with so many people when out and about.

There are a few that have been converted to trikes, but my welding skills leave a lot to be desired!! Am picking up a Nirve cruiser this weekend, so look at for another project!

Mark

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
one on ebay

Saw one of these on E-BAY just yesterday £149 with 250w rear motor.

Last edited:

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Hi Mark, not familiar with these bikes just went off the name, thanks for the additional info.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
We thought it would be fun to convert another Stingray chopper, so have done! its almost 7ft long! From what I gather there were only a handful of these brought into the UK and probably even less converted to electric!

Check out the video of it in action here: Schwinn Stingray Electric - YouTube

View attachment 2957View attachment 2958View attachment 2959View attachment 2960
Very nice to i love the chopper look (ape hangers) well wicked keep on cruising route 66, easy rider an all that malarky .!

Mark Loveridge

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2009
If you like the chopper look and style try these guys HANNAN CUSTOMS
9ft long and weighing in at 90lbs they're going to spend a lot of time getting looked at.

The link is courtesy of one of my customers who is modifying a Stingray along these lines - complete with rear BPM motor.

Alan
Hi Alan,
They look incredible! I'm not sure how good they would be in hilly Gloucestershire without a motor ;)

Good luck to your customer, would be interested to see their build when complete!
Mark

Mark Loveridge

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2009
Hi Mark,

I'll post some pics when the build is complete. I think he'll be posting a build thread on the E-S forum sometime soon.

My involvement was confined to fitting the the BPM hub into the 4" wide rim!

Alan
Hi Alan,

Great thanks!

Yeh, we had a spacer made up to float the disc and a billet so we could secure the freewheel!

Thanks
Mark

David James Evander

Just Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Hi Steve,

My choice of motorbike also isn't a chopper! However it is an eye-catcher and means you engage in conversation with so many people when out and about.

There are a few that have been converted to trikes, but my welding skills leave a lot to be desired!! Am picking up a Nirve cruiser this weekend, so look at for another project!

Mark
Hi Mark Is It Possible You Could Give Me A Hand On Making My Schwinn Stingray Chopper Like Yours (Electric)?