Convertion kit , is worth it or as well with buyng an all new e bike ?

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Hi,

Was looking into possibly buying an E bike and seen this from an old post I had sent me from few a months ago
and thought why not share this with others and see what they think ?

I aint good with my hands with this sort of job, though looks easy enough for anyone knowing about fitting up wires ?

Whats your thoughts on fitting this onto a non-ebike would this be good enough to turn my non e-bike ive used for a good few years now into an e bike

just thinking would be much cheaper and worth it if it worked good and saved much money needed for other things ?

The bike I have used for some yrs now is heavy frame in itself as it is , i was thinking without this weight added to back of it
but thinking once switched on maybe well worth it ?

What do u guys / girls reckon ? Link of conversion kit below

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Was looking at two bikes from Woosh and this is one of them

https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rambla ..On thing id like to ask possibly woosh shall see this and come onto answer for me .. and that's regards the " Saddle of your choice "

can I ask what is the choice of the saddle I would get the choice from ?

Also sais way below seen here Guarantee 1 years parts and labour, excluding consumables < what exactly is consumables ?

Answers much appreciated in advance .

• 36Volts 14AH Lithium battery, Samsung cells
  • Maximum speed 15 miles per hour
  • Control: 5-level pedal assist
  • range: 40-45 miles on flat roads with pedal assist
  • 28in wheels, suitable for tall riders 5ft8 to 6ft2
  • Aluminum frame
  • 8-speed Shimano gears
  • Motor: Bafang MaxDrive motor with torque sensor, rated 250W
  • Saddle: your choice
  • Tyres: 28″ by 1.75″ Kenda 40-622
  • Battery charger for UK mains
  • Weight (including all accessories): 23kgs
  • bell. Front and rear reflectors.
  • Guarantee: 1 year parts and labour, excluding consumables

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
This is other bike ive been checking out , but again my main thing
is using the bike for cycling to the fishing , I had just bought 2 pannier bags from Ortlieb

which are fine but would they fit on these racks ?

Plus just thinking I do have a couple of fishing rods and one I like best is
14 ft in length is 3 piesce which Is roughly 5 foot in length broken down to travel with
on the bike .. do have fold down also telescopic rods, but this one is my fav rod
id like to travel with me ..id be tieing it onto the frame of bike .

My main objective is hilly areas would be made easier for sure with an e bike
and ive looked at both these e bikes .

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This is other bike ive been checking out , but again my main thing
is using the bike for cycling to the fishing , I had just bought 2 pannier bags from Ortlieb

which are fine but would they fit on these racks ?

Plus just thinking I do have a couple of fishing rods and one I like best is
14 ft in length is 3 piesce which Is roughly 5 foot in length broken down to travel with
on the bike .. do have fold down also telescopic rods, but this one is my fav rod
id like to travel with me ..id be tieing it onto the frame of bike .

My main objective is hilly areas would be made easier for sure with an e bike
and ive looked at both these e bikes .

You should look for a bike with a near horizontal crossbar if you want to tie your rods to it. Look at the Woosh Faro or back to the idea of a conversion.

Reactions: budsy

MikeFB

Pedelecer
Jun 25, 2020
Did a conversion myself recently and have to say it was very easy. However seems some kits are easier to install than others and you will need a crank tool (less than a fiver off ebay) to fit the PAS sensor and maybe a cassette tool if you go rear hub.

I have seen some complete kits though with wheel, cogs (freewheel), battery, LCD, everything you need for around £400 (in the EU). I bought my used kit with battery for less than £150 and it is brilliant.

If you do look at kits, you really ought to do some research though to make sure the kit has everything you need and is right for your bike and needs. Lots of useful info on this forum, which helps with the learning curve.

Having said that, if you really cannot be bothered to do the research and aren't technically/mechanically minded then a prebuilt ebike is what you may be best getting. I also have a Woosh Fat Boy and that is a lot cleaner install than my DIY kit and I quite enjoy riding it with it's 3" wide tyres.

However, I'm going to buy another bike and do another conversion and will try to make it as clean as possible and see how that goes.

Good luck with which ever way you go.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Vfr400 - Thanks for reply , I have thought of this and looking at this bike now also u mentioned thanks .

Mike FB - Thanks also for your reply, im not mechanical minded at all, and although shall be an easy enough job for yourself or some others , it isn't for me to mess about with such .

Cheers though both you guys for mges .

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you can strap the rod sections vertically like this to the Camino rack:

Reactions: budsy

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Thanks for post made me laugh at american guys video also :)

Ok for spoilt Americans bike and his gaz guzzler car to take him a distance
only then in nice weather he gets on his bike on sea side , close to his destination
and then the seat and rod holders lucky for some > am jealous now :D

Good idea likes ..but americans always were spoilt for choice but good on him
don a good job with modifications for rod holders and his seat was cool .

Id also be going via train then cycling to the destination I go , not quite so comfy :)

Good video though appreciated :)

Last edited: