Cooler Kub 250S

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Now this I like very much. I’m sure it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I like the look of it even more than my Greaser. It’s more expensive but not outrageously so. It’s ideal for modding as well, with easy to get to external cabling. And that motor could be 750 watts, electronically restricted to 250.

Brakes are rubbish though, but I suppose they couldn’t keep the price reasonable if they fitted hydraulic brakes with integrated switches.

I’m definitely going to keep an eye out on eBay when they start hitting the second hand market.

9E8700FF-4F49-4485-9621-DD701BB7CF34.jpeg

Last edited:

wheresthetorch?

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 20, 2021
That is very nice indeed. Not sure about non-adjustable seat height though, as I'm 6'2". Ok for freewheeling (or throttle . . . ) but could be hard pedalling - a bit "frog on a matchbox" :)

Reactions: Canniego

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Specifications say saddle height is 82, presumably that’s in cm. And suitable for riders 5’2” to 6’3”

My Greaser peddles quite well though and I’m 5’9”. My legs do have a tendency to brush on the tank sometimes.

Reactions: wheresthetorch?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Would Lester Piggott have a harder time pedalling that 250W hub driven 32kg bike up steep hills than Oliver Hardy?

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
And suitable for riders 5’2” to 6’3”
Height of the rider is one thing, but reach is also very important. It means the cockpit area can be a stretch or too tight. One size rarely fits all

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Good review of one here and he changed the handlebars to fix the reach. And did a few other modifications that aren’t to my taste, but the great thing about these kind of bikes is that you can modify them for your own personal requirements.

I would have built a box to accommodate one large battery in the frame and put the controller inside the gas tank.

He converted the gas tank so it has a flip up lid to ease removal of the second battery and mounted a new controller under the seat, which is where I think the original smaller controller was mounted.

Last edited:
Reactions: wheresthetorch?

Canniego

Just Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Regarding a 750w version, they already make it.
The brakes are Tektro hydraulic. Nowt wrong with those!

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Specification sheet says hydraulic brakes, but all of the bikes in promotional photographs and videos have mechanical brakes fitted.