Could this be an option?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Thanks D8veh

I can envisage a neat looking solution with these. They work out at 140 quid for 4packs instead of 120quid for 6

Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 25C Long Lipo Pack

still at 140 plus 50 for charger and allowing another 30 for connectors/watmeter I'm looking at the same £220 quid outlay

Which sounds good to me as I'm then only going to ever have to replace modular bits and peices rather than packs wholesale

The only tricky bit then is the harness to wire the 4 packs together - wish you could just buy these in UK ! still I'm sure I can do it with a bit of careful thought and help from the interweb

D

Deleted member 4366

Some reasons for choosing lipo:
You want a high discharge low weight pack;
you want to get a voltage between the normal 24v,36v, 48v, 60v, etc;
you already have lipo stuff and knowhow.

It's always good to try new things and learn something. Don't look at lipos as a money-saving opportunity. You could lose everything in a catastrophic way like Bilabonics post #104:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/14482-help-me-my-26-bafang-rear-wheel-build-please-11.html

or you could forget to switch off and come back to your bike with bricks instead of batteries.

You can't beat the simplicity and reliability of normal batteries. Also, you have to take into consideration the shorter life of lipos.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Some reasons for choosing lipo:
You want a high discharge low weight pack;
you want to get a voltage between the normal 24v,36v, 48v, 60v, etc;
you already have lipo stuff and knowhow.

It's always good to try new things and learn something. Don't look at lipos as a money-saving opportunity. You could lose everything in a catastrophic way like Bilabonics post #104:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/14482-help-me-my-26-bafang-rear-wheel-build-please-11.html

or you could forget to switch off and come back to your bike with bricks instead of batteries.

You can't beat the simplicity and reliability of normal batteries. Also, you have to take into consideration the shorter life of lipos.

Its not that i see the a money saving opportunity - its just i have marital signoff for £220 already ! which this setup will come in at

I want to learn more, i want 44.4v and i see a long term saving in that one chrager bought now can do differnt jobs. And if one pack goes for any reason you just replace that one - its a modular system

I do undertand that ahuge amount of extra care must be taken. At present I'm already charing two packs without BMS so having to manually test voltage constantly