Could you give me your opinion on this kit?

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
Good to know they are actually on their way. Have you had a chance to price them up as part of a kit yet?

She'll have to decide whether to wait until after the hols or go ahead with an "ordinary" kit.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have asked for quite a few changes and LCD option, that may delay the installation manual a bit - the torque sensor kit with 13AH small frog battery (Samsung cells), XF08C motorwheel without LCD will be £499, the LCD will add £40 to the total.
There will be options to use HL downtube batteries.

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
Did you order any inner chainrings to go with these, or will I have to source that separately?
The only ones I can find are 39T which is a bit big - would prefer something in the 33-35T range if possible.

Have decided this is the best way to go for the wife's bike - I'll get my order in to Andy early and be first on the block with the new setup!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No, it's early days. We need a few months to collect customers reaction.
I believe it has potential to be a main product next year though.

thirteen

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
West Sussex
My opinion?

I would buy it!

It would suit me to a tee. I'll try and explain as best I can.

I built a simple e-bike using the electric components from a scrapped Viking e-go 24, and Halfords' cheapest MTB. I didn't se a handlebar LCD, I hardwired the plug from the old one into the controller to give full assist, and used the gears and hence crank speed to control things.

That bike had to go last year due to health issues at the time.

What I'd like now is another simple, robust 26" wheel e-bike to lug heavy loads (maybe a trailer) for short dstances.

I've been tempted to buy a Big Bear but I'd resent paying for bits of It I didn't need, like the handlebar LCD, sidestand, mudguards, a seat I'd have to swap for a noseless one etc.

I have an old steel MTB frame , so one of these cranksets (single chainwheel would do just fine) plus a big rack mount battery and a Big Bear motor in a 26" front wheel would be ideal as a kit.

Attachments

Reactions: Woosh

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
So did they arrive? and if so, did they come with 44T chainwheels as shown in the original photo?

I really need a 48 or 50T chainwheel for my wife's bike, plus a smaller one (39T seems to be the only one easily available) and its all getting a bit expensive if I have to change the 44T one as well as buying the extra small one.

If I can have it with 48T, then I'll order a set tomorrow!

bmc

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Whitworth Lancs.
This thread seems to have died a death.....did you ever get these chainsets Tony ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

bmc

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Whitworth Lancs.
Hi Tony. That link is to a full kit. I'm just after the chainwheel with built in controller, so that I
can do away with my existing controller for my q100c motor.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Tony. That link is to a full kit. I'm just after the chainwheel with built in controller, so that I
can do away with my existing controller for my q100c motor.
I'll sort out the webpage for that part tomorrow.
Have you got a motor with 9-pin connector?

bmc

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Whitworth Lancs.
Pretty sure it's 9 pin. Can't separate the plugs at the moment, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
Sorry, yes, they arrived a few months ago and not selling at all!
Not a single one!
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?tskit
I did try VERY HARD to buy a TS kit for my wife's bike back in June.
It would have been ideal for her, but apparently there weren't any suitable 700C wheels available so I had to go for the XF08-C kit instead.
Rather disappointed about this, though the XF08 is running fine.

paulg22

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2017
Shipley
I'd have bought it, but needed a kit back in May and got the XF08-C too (plus I don't have a square taper). Very happy with it mind :)