Couple of ebay bikes - opinions please? :)

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Aww sounds great!!. Have you ever tried your hand at digital sculptures?.

There's a program called ZBrush that's great for making digital art.

Pixologic :: Turntables

It's possible to make digital sculptures and then send them off to be cast in whatever material you like. So no blisters! YAY!

I make digital 3D arty-farty stuff for a "living". Although not quite as good as the stuff shown in the link above. :)
Wow that link is cool Wibble!! Some great art work there!
I have been after something in a similar vein to photo my work, like on a turntable for my site? Like full sculpt from all angles. I haven't quite got there yet and only have photoshop pro and adobe photo elements plus ezee GIF creator and tried the layering but doesn't have the effect I want, lol! I need to get more into it really and understand it all :D I've even thought about taking a home course but not just because of the sculpting, simply cos I would love to learn how it is done!
It sounds cool what you do for a living I am envious! My line of work is in the financial industry so dead boring! lol
I couldn't do that with my sculpts though as kind of make them myself :D
Cheers for that link :cool:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
All creative people who are genuinely talented are 'terrible perfectionists'. But the professional stops when it's 'good enough'.

Also, a professional never allows themselves to fall into the trap of only working when they're 'in the mood'. Work through it Mandy; even if it's rubbish - the act of actually starting will put you 'in the mood', and then you can begin proper. Do not wait for the muse to descend on you; it's akin to waiting for a kettle to boil - and you know what they say about a 'watched kettle' don't you?
You are of course completely right and hit the nail on the head totally.
I have all these ideas in my head and I know if I put my mind to it I can make something happen, just got to be more positive and must admit when I do start I do see it through to the finish. Just need to start again and keep at it.
I have always loved any type of art but never got the chance to turn it into a career.
At secondary school me and one other girl were recommended for a scholarship at an art college.
What did I do? Go and get suspended indefinitely and blew that chance :eek:
I never did anything really terrible but was a bit of a prankster and was always the one who got caught. You'd never have guessed eh? :D

dazzie

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2008
You guys and gals are inspirational! I'm learning to draw (got myself a cintiq tablet monitor) and loving it. Zbrush is amazing but at the mo I'm trying to walk before running so I'm concentrating on 2d art in photoshop...

Drawing or crafting for a living would be my dream job, you jammy buggers! ;)

wibble

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2008
That's just lovely, Dazzie!!

and hey! nobody should be too envious about my job!. It has its perks, but the downside is that you can become terribly cut off at times; there's no coworkers to have fun with!. So I have to come and annoy anonymous people on the internet instead.

Such a hard life..

;)

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
You guys and gals are inspirational! I'm learning to draw (got myself a cintiq tablet monitor) and loving it. Zbrush is amazing but at the mo I'm trying to walk before running so I'm concentrating on 2d art in photoshop...

Drawing or crafting for a living would be my dream job, you jammy buggers! ;)
Wow Dazzle that is amazing!
I just googled it and I want one of those monitors :cool:
I like 2d too and used to just use pencil alot but that looks great as no paper and no rubbers, lol!
I was feeling a bit guilty last night as you started out your thread in search for a new bike and then the arty stuff started :D Am real glad you too are into it!
Keep at it and you go run if you want as sure looks great so far and you obviously have it in you already to succeed.
I'm still hoping you find your dream bike too though :D
All the best
Mandy

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
That's just lovely, Dazzie!!

and hey! nobody should be too envious about my job!. It has its perks, but the downside is that you can become terribly cut off at times; there's no coworkers to have fun with!. So I have to come and annoy anonymous people on the internet instead.

Such a hard life..

;)
:D Still sounds like a :cool: job lol.
Must admit I like to have a laugh with colleagues and helps an otherwise dull but busy day pass quite quickly lol.
Annoy? Don't think so ;)
It's nice to meet like minded folk on an electric bike forum.
All the best
Mandy