Crank drive v hub drive

micropilot

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 29, 2011
Hi If you like the Aurora

Then Double the performance and the Quality we start With a £500 Bike From Raleigh
Diamond Back Peak HD

Simple things like Hydraulic disc brakes Standard so it stops as well as it Goes

But with a 15 AH 48 volt battery £1895 + delivery Available in Black Or white

Frank
Love the spec but the price is just too much for entry level now.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi micropilot,

I am in the same predecament, Tonaro or Wisper as my first choices, closely followed by Juicy Bikes. My commute will be mainly throttle only so I am in search of a bike that can live up to its claims. Due to my work times it's very difficult to get out and do a test ride, so I am having to PM and post threads seeking advice, which have all been good.

Alas I am still stuck between the three contenders, My heart says Tonaro, my common sense says Wisper and my budget says Juicy Bikes.
So I look forward to hearing which bike you decided on and its performance.

To those who I have private messaged please forgive my directness but I am on a quest to get all valuable information I can get.

all the best

B0331E
I wouldn't call any of these bikes cheap, however I would call ours good value. But don't take my word for it...
Electric Bike Magazine says...

barrycoll

Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2009
dear Micropilot, you should really try the Juicy-Bike, as I dont think that you will be disappointed......I tried both his folder and the Sport model, when Bob was doing a hub conversion for my wife's Garry Fisher 26", and was really surprised by both of them.
at the price, you might expect a lot of cut corners, and I imagine that margins are quite tight, as they could well be retailed at a higher price point....

.........and an addition plus, is that Bob is a seriously helpful bloke, a seemingly not just in it for the short haul, and post sale back-up is all important

all the best with this one, as it sounds like there may have been a few sleepless nights

barry c.

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
I have the Tonaro Enduro and Jannie has the Tonaro Compy and we both really like them.

The good thing with having the crank drive is that we do spend a lot of time on the flat, not using the motor. We can do this because the Tonaros ride like a normal bike when you turn the power off.

We are both cyclists with a shed full of bikes and we can only say good things about the Tonaros.

Steve

billyfish010

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2008
Hi Steve,

Have you seen the 16 amp batteries being sold in France which fit straight into the box currently housing the 10 amp battery, now that could give some range based on some of the figures I have seen posted. The batteries are being sold for £350.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The Cyclamatic was a very cheap bike,it's price seems to go up n down more often than......Joking apart I think if you are looking for a value buy our Kudos Sport model is a good buy at current price of £595.00 delivered free...it has 36v,integral lights,throttle,21sp Shimano Tourney,9Ah LifePo4 battery,dual crown forks....available satin black or silver,we have plenty of stock,...the bike was the same that Bertrand Marcout won the Montee Electrique up the Alps D'Huez...the climb of 1860 metres,stage length 16km,average incline 7.9% and finished 91 seconds in front of second placed finisher at an average speed of 27kmh,so it goes up hills pretty well
Dave Elderfield
KudosCycles