Creakin crank

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
After 130 miles my Cube developed a creak when exerting a lot of torque so I made sure the pedals were tight and decided to take it back to the shop very early for its 8 week service. I didn't bother booking it in as I expected to leave it there but the mechanic had a quick look and a while later brought the bike back to me.

The screws holding the motor assembly together had come a bit loose. He said it was only a quarter turn but he used some threadlock and sorted it out. I'm glad Leisure lakes have people knowledgable about their E bikes and I'm glad I took no notice of people who told me not to worry about the noise and keep using the bike.

It's a nice day today so I went for a 30 mile ride once I got home and the bike simply makes cycling more fun. Thrashing along gravel and grass trails at speeds that would normally knacker me out is awesome and no hill bothers me anymore. This bike is the best 2 grand I have spent in a long while.

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Here are my pedals. Very bling and they are a secure platform for my feet.

A very comfy saddle

The bike

My modified handlebars. Ritchey grips that remove all road buzz and fancy bar ends.

Last edited:

crankyhorse

Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
The Innis & Gunn bottle caps are genius!
Thanks.

They made me grin like a loon when I fitted them.

They are Mucky Nutz bar ends and you fit any bottle tops you want.
Once they have taken a beating you drink a couple of beers and replace them. I plan to abuse the heck out of em!.. often!