Help! Crossbar or Step Through Hybrid ?

iRider

Pedelecer
May 2, 2019
Wigan
Hi Guys,

I know it sounds a daft question but I'm from a generation when boys rode crossbar bikes and girls rode those without a crossbar making life in general and bike selection very simple :)

Fast forward 50 odd years and when i come to start looking at my first eBike, its all become complicated by mens bikes, women bikes and step through bikes?

So I am looking for a bit of collective wisdom here. I have decided Hybrid is the way to go because I will use my ebike for shopping trips when we are away in the motorhome and hopefully for getting about the local area at home, rather than jumping in the car every time. I don't envisage doing any sort of real 'leisure cycling' trips to be honest, so we are talking functional and easy riding.

Would you suggest a crossbar or a step through and why?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
step through.
it's more comfortable for your back and wrists, also it ooks good with a set of pannier bags.

Reactions: EddiePJ and iRider

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Buy the bike you like the look of, the style doesn't matter to us your the one who will riding it.

• Dislike
Reactions: iRider

iRider

Pedelecer
May 2, 2019
Wigan
step through.
it's more comfortable for your back and wrists, also it ooks good with a set of pannier bags.
Good advice that got me thinking, so I decided to buy with my head not my heart on this one. At 60 I have the usual aches and pains but a key area for many years has been my elbow joints, so to keep as much weight as possible of the arms I have gone for a step through. Not as sexy looking as a crossbar version but the step through also offered the option of a gear hub rather than derailleur which I quite fancied
:-)