Help! Cube Acid Hybrid One 500

DeuceBG

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 26, 2019
Anyone have any experience of the Cube mentioned above please?
Torn between converting my Cube 29'er and buying one "Off the Shelf".
Thoughts??

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
Anyone have any experience of the Cube mentioned above please?
Torn between converting my Cube 29'er and buying one "Off the Shelf".
Thoughts??
I have two of them.......what do you need to know???

DeuceBG

Feb 26, 2019
Build Quality, Speed, Range etc.
Presumably, if you have two then you would recommend them?
I'm 6'4" and 18st so I need a good, solid Bike.
I have a Cube 29'er at the minute and love it so a Cube Electric seems the logical way to go, although I also like the looks and reviews of the HaiBike Trekking....

Chris M

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
I think both Cube and HaiBike would be fine. I've done 380 miles on my Acid one allroad since I bought it last November. I've been smiling all the way (except when I had a puncture). My experience of ebikes is limited but the Bosch Active Line Plus crank drive feels really good. It provides great assistance and is powerful enough for all the hills I have hit while being silent most of the time. There also isn't noticeable resistance when pedalling without motor assistance. I now romp up a couple of hills using turbo that I used to walk up.

The surprise to me is that 29er wheels feel good and really do seem to roll better than 26". Going back to the puncture I found my nylon tyre levers weren't up to the job, they both snapped trying to remove the tyre, so I have had to buy some metal ones.

Reactions: DeuceBG

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
Build Quality, Speed, Range etc.
Presumably, if you have two then you would recommend them?
I'm 6'4" and 18st so I need a good, solid Bike.
I have a Cube 29'er at the minute and love it so a Cube Electric seems the logical way to go, although I also like the looks and reviews of the HaiBike Trekking....
They are German so build quality is excellents
Speed - however fast you can pedal it after the 15.5mph cut off limit....although it does fade out slowly at around 16mph rather than just stop
Range - I have 50mm Schwalbe thunderburts tubeless on mine, I have got 47miles and 3000ft of climbing from it and still had 2 bars of battery left
I’m 43, 18st 9lbs and 5ft 10”......so I’m not a little fledgling

Yes I would recommend the bike for your use without hesitation

Reactions: DeuceBG

DeuceBG

Feb 26, 2019
Sounds promising then.
Torn now between the Cube and the HaiBike.....