Cube acid one 500

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you should try changing gear going 30mph its a bit crunchy so i back of a tad change gear got 2000 miles plus on my 11spd cassette.

also the active line is down on nm compared to the performance and cx motors.

i have a dual front sprocket thats 15t and 18t tho it is manual change.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I'm in the habit of easing off pedal pressure in anticipation of my gear change, if I'm in too high a gear going up hill, i try giving a little burst off power just before backing off and changing gear so as to keep my momentum.
Riding with both hub gears and derailleurs my system seems to work fine with both types.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: E-Wheels and MikeS

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
So as with a lot of owners, if everything is going well you don't think of your owners thread :rolleyes:
Anywho, everything is fine with the bike and I'm loving it, now close to 600 miles but as I've been riding more trails & bridal-ways than usual that's a lot more saddle hours than 600 road only miles ;) The active line plus motor pulls realy well off road and I'm still getting good duration per charge, you can't really measure mileage off road as it can be tough going in low gears ( but still fun ;) )
now I've put my spare wheels with the bikes original off road tyres fitted I'm remembering how little puncture protection they have. 3 in one ride, one needed fixing there and then and the other two thorns I found when I got home, each was an instant deflation when I pulled them out :mad:
I've put in a pr of heavy duty tubes for now but seriously considering buying Schwalbe Smart Sam plus 29x2.25 tyres (when I find a stockist) the latest version has dual compound rubber, snakeskin carcass and a puncture proof layer under the tread :cool: I was impressed with an older version so this latest one should be better :)

Winter setup
image.jpeg

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
So as with a lot of owners, if everything is going well you don't think of your owners thread :rolleyes:
Anywho, everything is fine with the bike and I'm loving it, now close to 600 miles but as I've been riding more trails & bridal-ways than usual that's a lot more saddle hours than 600 road only miles ;) The active line plus motor pulls realy well off road and I'm still getting good duration per charge, you can't really measure mileage off road as it can be tough going in low gears ( but still fun ;) )
now I've put my spare wheels with the bikes original off road tyres fitted I'm remembering how little puncture protection they have. 3 in one ride, one needed fixing there and then and the other two thorns I found when I got home, each was an instant deflation when I pulled them out :mad:
I've put in a pr of heavy duty tubes for now but seriously considering buying Schwalbe Smart Sam plus 29x2.25 tyres (when I find a stockist) the latest version has dual compound rubber, snakeskin carcass and a puncture proof layer under the tread :cool: I was impressed with an older version so this latest one should be better :)

Winter setup
View attachment 26863
Lil different to my set-up with the same bike

IMG_0024.JPG

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ

Winter setup
View attachment 26863
Go tubeless if you can, tyres will have TLE on them if they support it.