Cube bike sizing

jeepster

Just Joined
Dec 14, 2022
hi all, i read a post on the forum from a member who said that cube bikes are on the larger side, i am about 5ft 10, about 30inch inside leg, the bike i am looking at has 29ers, cube says i need a large but i think the standover height will be too much, any thoughts or do you own a cube ebike

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I don't know about Cube sizing compared to others; and it's much more difficult to make sense of size of a bike now they don't have horizontal top tubes. That said, a large frame for 30" inside leg doesn't sound right to me. I've always preferred slightly smaller frames than typical sizing charts recommend though.

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Hi jeepster, by coincidence, I share your height and inside leg measurements and have a Cube Touring model with a medium frame, as recommended online. In reality it is very much on the margins of comfort in terms of reach to the handlebars (rather than pedals which is ok). It has required an adjustable stem and swept back bars. Personally a small frame would have fitted better and not required the after market fittings. I would strongly recommend you to try before you buy.

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Hi
I'm the same as you for height and inside leg. I tried a 54cm crossbar, (which I think is Medium) it was to large for me, I need a 50cm ( Small ?) which suited my standover measurement of 80cm.
In the end I couldn't get a crossbar small in the model i wanted, but I bought a 54cm (medium) trapeze model with the sloping top tube and that is perfect. But as previously suggested try before you buy.