Cube Delivery

macamxthe1st

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2020
Just been informed that the delivery date fir my Cube Kathmandu which was originally promised for December 2020 has now gone back to late April 2021. Anyone else experiencing this type of difficulty ?

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Just been informed that the delivery date fir my Cube Kathmandu which was originally promised for December 2020 has now gone back to late April 2021. Anyone else experiencing this type of difficulty ?
My advice would be cancel and try and find someone with a bike in stock, My friend has a bike shop and they are only managing to get a fraction of what they ordered and it is not going to get any better for quite a while.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I’d ordered a new model Cube and it was due Jan 2018, several Manufacturing delays and the bike finally arrived 6 months later ( the model, size and colour that I ordered was the last on the production line)
Im enjoying the bike today but looking back, I wish I’d canceled the order and found a model that was actually in stock !

macamxthe1st

Sep 30, 2020
AS the Cube has abilities over and above what I require I am getting very tempted to cancel it and get something that a) is available and b) not European manufactured. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
AS the Cube has abilities over and above what I require I am getting very tempted to cancel it and get something that a) is available and b) not European manufactured. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
I'd be wary of cancelling an existing order at the moment, at least until I'd actually managed to purchase something else and it was physically in my possession!
I was reading a different bike forum a few days ago and in the States at least, some popular bikes such Specialized Sirrus and certain Trek models are now already on a 2022 delivery schedule!

macamxthe1st

Sep 30, 2020
Yes since I posted my previous message I have had a look around and as you suggest the situation is truly dire at the moment.

PhilMK42

Oct 15, 2020
Bedford
Yes since I posted my previous message I have had a look around and as you suggest the situation is truly dire at the moment.
What size?

I'm about to list my 54cm 625 Kathmandu in the classifieds. It was new about 4 months ago and it’s done a whopping 180 miles! It’s the 45kpm speed Pedelec version, not surprisingly in the same condition as when I left the shop.
Its one of the nicest bikes I’ve ever owned, but it’s like a polished ornament living in the hallway.

I didn’t think enough about what I wanted an electric for. Now I actually want it to move stuff and use the car less and less, the Katu in my profile does the job, but I’m after much more capacity, and after a demo ride, I’m seriously sold on the Cube Cargo, but she’d basically divorce me if I spent £4.5 k without selling the Kathmandu first!

Anyway, just a thought if yours is stuck in Germany. I paid 3850, but would be looking for a lot less, in fact a bargain for someone hopefully

macamxthe1st

Sep 30, 2020
Shame about that, but suffering from "Duck's Disease" I need a 46. Should sell very easily at present due to the supply drought. I sold my G-tech for very strong money in less than 24 hours a couple of months ago so good luck with it.

P.S. Re divorce, that may be the more cost-effective option in the long run.

Reactions: PhilMK42